Well, a lot of confidential and valuable information is stored in a modern smartphone. No one wants his phone to fall into the hands of someone else. That is why users install protection in the form of passwords or pattern keys on their devices.
♥ BY THEME: How to set your Apple Watch to change automatically based on time and place.
After all, information on the phone is often more expensive than the phone itself. And we are not talking about the moral inconvenience due to data loss. Smartphone is our key to bank accounts, payment systems, online shopping. I don’t even want to imagine what an attacker can do on your behalf. And if someone besides you knows the password for your phone, then all responsibility for such gullibility lies solely with the owner. But the iPhone lets you know that someone picked it up and took some action with it.
First, you need to understand that, in principle, giving access to your iPhone is not a good idea, even if it is about your spouse or children. And here the question is not even that a person close to you can find something on the phone that he is not meant to know.
You should understand that an access code is a tool not only for unlocking a phone, but also for performing quite important actions later. This includes confirmation of payments in the App Store and iTunes, online and offline purchases in Apple Pay.
♥ BY THEME: How to turn on flash (flashlight) on calls and notifications on iPhone.
How can Screen Time help?
If such a situation has already developed, and other people can use your iPhone by adding their fingerprints or faces to the phone base, then the owner can at least check when his phone fell into the hands of other people. Let’s make a reservation right away that it makes no sense to study the list of applications running in the background. For starters, few people remember which programs were open the last time they used their smartphone. And the person who took your iPhone in hand could easily have just closed all the software used, clearing the memory.
In such a situation, the “Screen Time” function will be great. It will track unauthorized activity of other users. Of course, first, this function must be activated so that it later records everything that happens to your iPhone. For this:
1. In the appendix “Settings“Find the item”Screen time“.
2. In the window that appears at the top, click on the item “Enable Screen Time“.
3. On the next screen, tap Farther, and then This is my iPhone…
♥ BY THEME: How to lower the iPhone screen to reach the top of the display with one finger.
How do you know if someone is using your iPhone?
Again, to find out if someone has used your iPhone, You must enable Screen Time in advance… This is the only way to distinguish your own activity from outsiders. And here are the required next steps:
1. If you believe that someone was gaining access to your smartphone, then on the iPhone go to Settings → Screen time…
2. In this menu, click on the line “See all activity“. Then open the “Day” tab, there it will be easier for you to consider extraneous activity.
3. A screen opens with a weekly or daily view of iPhone usage. Select the required day. Below in the section Often used a list of the most used applications will appear.
4. By clicking on a specific application, you can get more detailed information about the time of its use. The numbers at the bottom of the grid are tied to the time of day. The scale is evenly divided – 00, 06, 12 and 18, this is exactly the hours at which this or that activity was noted. If you click on the scale, a more specific time value will appear.
It will be most effective to study the breaks between activities. Each such pause means that the user has stopped working with his iPhone, postponing it or going to bed. If some activity soon appeared, then someone clearly picked up your smartphone and began to work with it.
You can build on the time of work. So, you can know for sure that in the period from 11 pm to 7 am you slept. If at this time your iPhone was working with some applications: social networks, instant messengers, then this should make the owner think. Then it is worth checking another time. If similar matches are found there, then an unauthorized person may be suspected of using your iPhone.
What to do in such a situation is clear, there are not so many options here. The easiest and most logical way is to ask your partner, friend or child not to use your iPhone. True, in life, such requests are often simply ignored. Then you will have to act more decisively. You can simply set a new access password, making it harder than the previous one (you didn’t use the year or date of birth, did you?). A more serious step is to remove an alternative fingerprint or face from the database. As a result, no one from the nearest circle will be able to access your smartphone.