Starting with macOS Catalina, users will no longer be able to use iTunes to sync their iPhone or iPad to their Mac. The Finder application is now intended for this purpose and has received enhanced capabilities. But some users have complained about the inability to sync their iPhone or iPad with the Mac after updating it to macOS Catalina or later. application Finder just won’t recognize iPhone connected to computer or iPad.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to make the Caps Lock key really useful on macOS.
If you are having this problem, then here are some tips to fix it. This will help you set up syncing with a Mac running newer versions of macOS.
After connecting your iPhone or iPad to your Mac, in the pop-up window, click “Trust»And enter the password on the screen of the mobile device to continue. Then follow the steps below. Try using different USB cables to connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. This will help eliminate cable problems.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to quickly open any system preferences in macOS – 5 ways.
What to do if you can’t sync your iPhone or iPad with Finder on macOS?
Follow these simple steps in sequence and see if the Finder app on macOS Catalina sees your iPhone or iPad and can connect to it.
Turn on the display of connected iOS devices in Finder
1. Click on Finder -> Preferences in the top menu.
2. In Finder preferences, go to the “Sidebar“.
3. In the “Sidebar»Check the box next to CD, DVD and iOS devices.
Otherwise, you won’t be able to find your iPhone or iPad in the Finder sidebar if the display of these devices is not enabled in the settings.
♥ BY TOPIC: 4 professional tips for getting productive in Mail on Mac.
Find and delete the settings file for the Finder application
1. Open the Finder app.
2. Click on Go → Go to folder in the top menu.
3. Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ or ~/ Libraries /Preferences/ and press Go to…
4. Find the file com.apple.finder.plist and drag it to the trash can.
5. Restart the application Finder… Press the key ⌥Option (Alt) and right click on the Finder icon on the dock and select “Restart”…
6. Check if you can connect your iPhone or iPad to Finder.
♥ BY TOPIC: Preview on Mac (macOS): Hidden Photo Editor Features.
Restart Finder and connect your iPhone or iPad again
1. Disconnect your iPhone or iPad from your Mac.
2. Restart the Finder application. Press the key ⌥Option (Alt) and right click on the Finder icon on the dock and select “Restart“.
3. Reconnect your iPhone or iPad using the cable.
4. Make sure Finder is now detecting your iPhone or iPad.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to quickly open recently closed tabs in Safari on Mac – three ways.
Restart your iPhone (iPad) and Mac.
From experience, we can say that many users have experienced this problem due to the default Finder settings for displaying a connected iPhone or iPad are disabled.