According to the latest data, it is Yandex that is the most popular search engine among Russian-speaking users. In a tight fight, it seems that the domestic IT giant managed to bypass Google in this field. Increasingly, they say that such services are actively collecting information about their users, what then happens to it, and where it pops up – one can only guess, despite all the confidentiality assurances. It is no coincidence that this is why many people choose a domestic search engine, fearing leakage of their data to the West.
♥ BY THEME: How to send disappearing Vkontakte messages?
True, Yandex services, which is no secret, also actively collect information about their users – after all, this is what allows them to form the most relevant tips and suggestions. But now Yandex users can find out what information is stored in the depths of our IT giant’s repositories. It is possible to completely download the archive, which will contain everything that the service knows about you. Moreover, Yandex even makes it possible to completely delete all the information it collects about you. This archive will contain data accumulated from fifty different services. It will take several days to collect them. Then the client will receive a letter to his e-mail, and the archive itself as a file can be seen in his Yandex ID.
♥ BY THEME: How to add a voice alert when iPhone or iPad is charging.
How to download all information about yourself from Yandex?
1. Go to the “Your data” page owned by Yandex. Here you will need to log in with the required Yandex ID. You can log in by entering the code from the SMS sent to your phone number.
2. In the middle of the page, you can easily find the yellow button “Download data“. Click on it.
3. Click the “Prepare archive“. Pay attention to the warning about the timing of the file formation – it can take up to a month.
4. A letter from Yandex ID about ordering the archive will be sent to your e-mail box.
5. After the download is complete, the same service will send you a notification about the possibility to download the archive.
6. In the letter, find the button “Go to archive”And just download it.
An important point. You will need a password to unpack the archive. It can be found on the same page “Your data”. There you will need to press the button “Show password“.
♥ BY THEME: How to teach iPhone to automatically turn on Power Saving Mode.
How to remove all information about yourself from Yandex?
Yandex currently enables its users to delete information about itself collected by the following services: Alice, Yandex.Music, Yandex.Maps, Yandex.Mail, Yandex.Disk, Yandex.Zen, Yandex.Translate, Yandex.Weather, Yandex.Messager , Yandex.Business, Yandex.Station, etc.
1. Go to the Yandex “Your data” page.
2. Find the section below “Deleting data“. In it you will see a list of services that have some information about you. Just click the button with the name of the option you want. The element will expand and a small list will be displayed with all types of data stored by Yandex in this service.
3. Select the line with the required data type and click on it.
4. In the window that appears, click on “Delete“. If at the last moment you decided to leave information about yourself in this service, click “Cancellation“.