Some customers are having hassle updating their Mac to the newest model of macOS. After they attempt to replace their system, macOS Replace Assistant says, “Save system verification or restore failed.” You’ll be able to see the error message under:
Typically the error message might present a special display screen, however the truth is the identical message is displayed with some extra data stating “macOS can’t be put in in your pc”. See the screenshot under:
It’s important that you simply maintain your Mac updated. This concern could cause you nice inconvenience when attempting to maintain your Mac updated. On this article I clarify how one can resolve this downside.
Repair the storage system Test or repair the failed error
This concern often happens whenever you attempt to replace your Mac when there are a number of main macOS releases between your present model of macOS and the model you need to replace to. In different phrases, you need to attempt to improve in steps. For instance, if you wish to improve from OS X Mojave to macOS Monterey, you’ll be able to attempt an incremental improve course of. On this instance, if you wish to improve from Mojave to Monterey, you might want to comply with this path:
- First improve from mojave nasty Catalina†
- Then improve from Catalina nasty Nice Sur†
- And eventually, improve from Nice Sur nasty Monterey†
In fact, this path could also be totally different for you. For instance, you need to improve from Catalina to Monterey.
Listed here are the steps to improve your Mac step-by-step:
- Again up your Mac first. You should use Time Machine.
- Discover out what software program model you may have put in in your Mac. Go to Apple menu > About This Mac > Overview.
- To do not use the Software program Replace possibility in System Preferences.
- Use Safari to seek out the older macOS releases. You’ll be able to obtain the older model from the App Retailer. You should use these hyperlinks for older variations of macOS:
- Obtain the installer from the App Retailer and the replace course of will begin robotically.
In case you do not see the macOS model within the record above, you’ll be able to merely open the Mac App Retailer and use the search subject to look and discover the replace within the App Retailer.
If the above scenario doesn’t apply to you, which suggests that you’re not skipping main upgrades, attempt the next to resolve the issue:
If none of those steps resolved the difficulty, try the record of: Associated articles under that resolve varied replace or improve points.