In this article, we will tell you about one very useful feature that allows you to save web pages in the standard Safari browser on the iPhone and iPad for later viewing without an Internet connection.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to quickly translate sites (web pages) in Safari on iPhone and iPad: 3 Ways.
For various reasons, many users love to save web pages for later reading in places where free Wi-Fi is not available. For this purpose, you can use the services of third-party developers, but what if there is no desire to install other software from the App Store? There is a solution!
♥ ON TOPIC: How to visually identify each iPhone model?
How to save a website page offline on iPhone and iPad as PDF and view it offline (for devices with iOS 13 and newer)
This method allows you to save the site page to a PDF file that can be viewed without the Internet. The generated file can be either an exact copy of the web page (with comments, links, advertisements, etc.), or a lightweight version in “Reading Mode”…
1. Launch the Safari browser on your iPhone or iPad and open the webpage you want to save for offline viewing.
2. To display the Safari toolbar, tap the bottom of the page.
3. Select the save format:
– in case you need to save the web page in “Reading Mode” (no comments or ads), click on the icon “AA” in the upper left corner (in the search bar).
Select a menu item Show “For Reading”, then at the bottom of the page, click on the button Share this…
– in case you need to save the web page as an exact copy (with comments and advertisements), immediately press the button Share this…
4. Select “Add markup”… This action will create a PDF web page.
5. Click the button Share this at the bottom of the page.
6. Select an item Save to Filesto save the created page to your device.
7. Specify the save location and click Save…
8. If desired, on the created web page in PDF format, you can make notes (text, sketches), to do this, press the button Markup in the upper right corner.
9. In order to find the resulting PDF-file of the Internet page, open the application Files and navigate to the folder that was selected to save the document.
♥ ON TOPIC: The File Manager for iPhone and iPad as It Should Be: Readdle’s Documents Review.
How to save website pages on iPhone (iPad) for offline viewing using the Reading List function
With a detailed overview of the function Reading List you can find it on this page.
How to save website pages to iPhone (iPad) for offline viewing using apps
There are many applications in the App Store that allow you to save web pages of interest to your iPhone and iPad, but Instapaper and Pocket are the most popular among them. These programs allow you to save not only website pages in an optimized format, excluding ads, etc., but also parts of the text, as well as data from other iOS applications.
You can also create folders to organize your content, sort your saved articles by popularity, date, and size, and change fonts, color schemes, and styles.
Download Instapaper for iPhone and iPad (App Store)
Download Pocket for iPhone and iPad (App Store)
How to save website webpage offline on iPhone and iPad to PDF and view offline (for devices with iOS 11 and iOS 12)
This method is generally identical to the previous one, however, the names and locations of some Safari elements in iOS 11 and iOS 12 differ from iOS 13 (and newer).
one… Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad and go to the webpage you want.
2… Tap the bottom of the screen to display the Safari toolbar.
– in case you need to save the web page in “Reading Mode” (without comments and ads), click on the corresponding icon in the upper left corner (in the search bar), and then tap on the button Share this…
– in case you need to save the web page as an exact copy (with comments and advertisements), click the button Share this…
3… Please select “Create PDF”…
4… In the lower left corner of the generated PDF, click Share this…
5… Select item Save to Files…
6… Specify the save location and click Add…
7… If you wish, you can make notes on the PDF file (text, sketches), for this click the button Markup in the upper right corner.
eight… To find the resulting PDF file of the website, open the application Files…
♥ ON TOPIC: How to properly shade secret data on screenshots in iPhone so that they cannot be seen…
How to save a website page on iPhone and iPad and view it offline in the iBooks application (for devices running iOS 7 – iOS 12)
one… Open the regular Safari browser and find the page you are interested in.
2… Tap an open page at the very bottom to display the toolbar.
3… To ensure that the saved web page is formatted in an easy-to-read form, does not contain various kinds of advertisements, comments and other data, go to Reading mode, for which click to the left of the URL on the special icon. Accordingly, if comments are needed in the created file, do not click the button. Reading mode…
Sometimes the icon Reading mode does not appear on mobile versions of sites. To load the full version of the site, hold down the icon for a couple of seconds Refresh (circle-shaped arrow) and select an option Full version…
After that, the text will take on an easy-to-read form
4… Open the toolbar again and use the central button “Share this“.
5… In the menu that appears, immediately below the AirDrop function, find the icon with the caption “Save PDF to iBooks“. Click on it and wait for the PDF document creation to finish.
6… When the save is complete, the iBooks app will open.
Each PDF file will contain the entire desktop version of the web page. Each page reflects a specific fragment.