Back at the end of 2018, the official Viber app for iPhone received the function of translating messages in chats into many languages, including Russian, English, French, German, Chinese, Polish, etc. The function is designed to greatly simplify the communication of users from different countries without the need for third-party applications.
The translator service for the Viber application is the Translator service, part of Microsoft’s Azure Cognitive Services, whose tools are built right into the messenger.
♥ BY THEME: Tips and secrets of Viber on iPhone and Android devices that you might not know about.
How to translate a phrase or word in Viber on iPhone into any language
1. Launch the Viber app.
2. Press the button Yet in the bottom menu of the application and select Settings…
3. Go to the section Calls and messagesand then select the subsection Translation of messages…
4. Select the language into which the translation will be made (the system language is set by default).
5. Open a chat where you want to translate a sentence, phrase or word.
6. Press and hold your finger on the message you want to translate until the context menu appears.
7. Click Translate…
8. A translation into the selected language will appear below the message.
♥ BY THEME: How to change your phone number in Viber and not lose contacts and correspondence.
How to use the translator in Viber on iPhone correctly
Unfortunately, the Viber mobile client does not support automatic instant translation immediately when typing a message. However, even the existing opportunity will significantly simplify the correspondence with a foreigner, it is only necessary to agree in advance that each chat participant writes in a language convenient for himself, and the subscriber at the other end translates the message if necessary.
Related Video: 15 Viber Secrets You May Not Know About