In January 2021, WhatsApp was embroiled in a scandal involving the transfer of user data to third-party services. This has prompted many to look for more secure alternative messengers. One of them was Telegram.
♥ BY TOPIC: Private messenger Signal: why does everyone install it and why is it better than Telegram?
WhatsApp messenger allows you to export correspondence to Telegram in a matter of seconds. Not only messages are transferred, but also photos and videos, both from personal chats and from group ones.
To implement this feature, you need to install Telegram version 7.4 or later, and also that your interlocutor is present in both Telegram and WhatsApp. If it is not yet available in Telegram, then it will still be possible to transfer the correspondence, but the other party will lose access to it.
♥ BY TOPIC: What happens to calls and texts when you’re in Do Not Disturb mode on your iPhone or iPad.
How to transfer correspondence (chat) from WhatsApp to Telegram?
1. Launch WhatsApp on your device and navigate to the required chat.
2. Swipe it from right to left and press the button More.
3. In the menu that appears, click “Chat export“.
The same action can be performed by clicking on the name inside the chat.
4. The messenger will offer to include media files in the export or make a copy without them.
5. After the operation is completed, the application will offer to share the result with other programs. In this window, select Telegram.
6. In the Telegram window that opens, select the chat where the correspondence from WhatsApp will be placed and click the button Import.
Now just wait for the chat transfer to finish.
The transfer process is identical for both private and group chats. Please note that an imported chat does not replace existing messages in an existing chat. Imported messages will display “imported” next to them. This information will be seen by both the creator of the channel and its participants, including future ones.