The Apple Watch is a very nice and useful accessory in which sound notifications play an important role. True, it is not always necessary to hear them. Usually the sounds are some kind of warning or reminder, they help to know the time. But if you’re traveling somewhere where such sounds might annoy strangers, then it’s only reasonable to wish to silence your Apple Watch temporarily.
♥ BY TOPIC: What are Active Calories in Apple Watch.
And to make sure you never forget to turn on Theater Mode or Silent Mode, you can set up scripts to automatically activate them based on your location. In this article, we will tell you how to do it.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn on Apple Watch in bedside clock mode (Night Mode).
Automate Theater or Silent Mode on Apple Watch
Automatic activation of theater mode
Theater mode on Apple Watch works best when you’re at the movies or at a real live theater performance. In this mode, the watch display remains off even when you lift your wrist. However, you can still receive important alerts with tactile notifications.
To set up automation mode “Theatre” on Apple Watch:
1. Open the app “Quick Commands” (link) on iPhone and go to the tab “Automation”.
2. Click the plus sign at the top to add a new item and select “Create Automation for Yourself”.
3. Select an option Arrival.
4. Click “Select”, point to where you want to mute your Apple Watch, then tap “Ready”. If you wish, you can set a time range or simply set the trigger to any time.
5. Click “Further”, and then click “Add Action”.
6. Here you can scroll through the offers, but it’s easier to type in the search box watch. This will display a clock icon at the top of the application list, tap it.
7. In the watch actions list, select “Setting Theater Mode”.
8. Make sure the value is set On, and then click “Further” and “Ready”.
If you visit more than one cinema or theater, you can create additional automations for other places too.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to set Apple Watch faces to change automatically based on time and location.
Automatic Silent Mode
And there are places where the silent mode will show itself better. You can lift your wrist and check your watch for the time, but your Apple Watch won’t make any sounds. Good examples of suitable situations for silent mode: church visits, doctor’s appointments, mourning events.
1. Follow the above steps 1 to 6.
2. For the action, select “Set up silent mode”.
3. Make sure the value is set On, and then click “Further” and “Ready”.
♥ BY TOPIC: Water resistance of Apple Watch Series 7, 6, SE, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1: is it possible to swim and what you need to know.
Auto turn off theater mode or silent mode
Both silent mode and theater mode are very convenient to automatically turn on when you arrive at a certain place. But what happens after you leave? And if you can talk about the possibility of forgetting to switch the clock to the desired mode, then in the same way you can forget and turn it off. So why not set up automation to turn off Silent Mode or Theater Mode?
Follow all the same steps as in the first set of instructions to create the desired automation, but you will need to make these two changes:
When you get to step 3, select Departure instead of Arrival and keep choosing a place.
When you get to step 8, click on the highlighted blue Onto switch it to Off (or use “Ask Every Time”if that option is more convenient for you).
Now, when you leave the theater, church, or other similar places where one of the silence modes was used, the watch will automatically turn on and you will hear sound alerts from it again.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to extend the life of the Apple Watch battery, which is constantly left on charge all night.
Smart devices can make our lives much easier, and automating them further increases the impact of such assistants. Simple actions to timely mute the sound on your Apple Watch are worth the few minutes spent creating automations in Quick Commands. Are you going to teach your watch to automatically turn off in the right place and at the right time?