Over time, any in-ear headphones require cleaning from the owner. How to do this correctly so as not to damage the device and remove accumulated dirt from it? Here are some tips for cleaning AirPods and AirPods Pro and EarPods.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to make and install a ringtone (ringtone) on any iPhone without a computer right on the device?
How to clean AirPods Pro and AirPods
1. Do not rinse AirPods or AirPods Pro with direct water flow.
2. For wiping, you need a soft dry lint-free fabric.
3. If AirPods or AirPods Pro have been previously treated with substances that cause stains or other damage (soap, shampoo, hair care products, lotions, perfumes, solvents, cleansers, acids and products containing them, insect repellents, sunscreens, vegetable oils or hair dyes), the following steps must be taken:
- First, wipe the headphones clean with a cloth slightly moistened with clean water and then with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
- Allow the device to dry completely before placing it in the charging case.
- Do not use headphones until they are completely dry.
4. Make sure no liquid gets into the holes.
5. Clean the microphone and speaker grids with a dry cotton swab.
6. No sharp objects or abrasive materials should be used when cleaning AirPods or AirPods Pro.
♥ BY TOPIC: 20 iPhone features that can be disabled for most users
How to clean AirPods Pro earbuds
1. Water may collect in the liner. Then knock your AirPod on soft, dry and lint-free cloth… In this case, the opening of the insert must point downward so that the water can escape out.
2. Remove the earbuds from each AirPod and rinse them under water. Do not use soap or other household detergents.
3. Then wipe the earbuds with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. And make sure they are completely dry before placing them back on AirPods.
♥ BY TOPIC: Noise Canceling and Permeability (Open Headphones) in AirPods Pro: What It Is and How to Switch Between Modes.
How to clean the AirPods and AirPods Pro case
Over time, not only the headphones, but also the charging case get dirty. It also requires careful handling. The case should be cleaned with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth. If necessary, you can slightly dampen a cloth with isopropyl alcohol. You should first make sure there is no moisture in the charging ports.
Here are some more helpful tips:
- To remove dirt from the Lightning connector, use clean and dry soft brush.
- Do not use any abrasive materials when cleaning the charging case.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to check if you bought a new iPhone (activated or not)?
Water protection in AirPods and AirPods Pro: what you need to know
AirPods Pro have received water protection, but they should not be considered waterproof. What’s more, the Wireless Charging Case for AirPods Pro is not waterproof at all, nor is it liquid-proof. This is why water entering the device holes can be fatal. If contact with liquid does occur, then immediately dry the case. To do this, turn it upside down and open the lid.
AirPods 1st or 2nd generation are not water-resistant for the headphones themselves and their charging case. Avoid getting liquid into any openings of the device. If this happens, even with sweat during training, then AirPods should be wiped with a dry microfiber cloth. To dry the case, open and turn it over.
If, after getting inside moisture, the earphone stops working and drying does not help, you will have to order a replacement.
♥ BY TOPIC: New gestures in iOS for working with text on iPhone and iPad that you might not know about.
How to clean wired EarPods
- Do not rinse EarPods under water.
- You will need a dry, soft, lint-free cloth to wipe.
- Make sure there is no moisture in the holes.
- You will need a dry cotton swab to clean the microphone and speaker mesh. Dirt from the screens can be removed with a dry soft brush.
- Do not use sharp objects or abrasive materials to clean the EarPods.