In this article, we will not consider radical methods to remove ringtones, such as:
There are three ways to remove ringtone from iPhonehowever which one should you use depends on the version of iOS and by which method this ringtone was downloaded to the device… Let us recall what these methods are:
How to download ringtone (melody) to iPhone?
1. Using iTunes or the Music application (you need a computer with Windows or Mac) – instructions.
2. Using the iOS application GarageBand (without a computer) – instructions.
How to remove ringtone from iPhone (for iOS 13 and newer)
With the release of iOS 13, a long-awaited option appeared in the iPhone settings that allows you to delete ringtones downloaded in any way. For older versions of iOS, you will find instructions on how to remove ringtones later in this article.
To delete a ringtone on an iPhone with iOS 13 or later, do the following:
1. Open the app Settings on iPhone.
2. Go to the section Sounds, tactile signals and select the menu Ringtone…
3. Swipe your finger from left to right across the ringtone you want to delete. Click on the button that appears Delete…
How to delete an iPhone ringtone downloaded from the GarageBand app (for iOS 9 – iOS 12)
1. Open the GarageBand app (download link);
2. Go to the section Recent… Press and hold your finger on any of the created projects (if there are none, then create);
3. In the context menu that appears, click on the arrow;
4. And then on Share;
5. Select a section Ringtone;
6. Go to the menu Your ringtones;
7. Press the button Edit;
8. Click the “-” icon or swipe from right to left;
9. Click Delete;
10. The ringtone will be removed from the application and along the way Settings → Sounds, tactile signals → Ringtone…
♥ BY THEME: 5 ways to make iPhone speakers louder
How to remove ringtone from iPhone downloaded via iTunes or third party alternatives (iTools, iFunBox)
These programs will help you easily remove the downloaded ringtone from iPhone if:
- It is downloaded independently via iTunes or analogs, for example, in this way.
- It was removed in iTunes, but is still present in the device memory;
- The ringtone is displayed inactive (grayed out) in iTunes;
- In cases where iTunes cannot find the ringtone, however, it is set as a ringtone.
♥ BY THEME: 10 best remixes of standard ringtones for iPhone (video).
How to delete ringtone using iFunBox program
1. Install iFunBox on Mac or Windows computer (link);
Note: if when installing iFunBox on Mac the message appears “The program cannot be opened because its author is an unidentified developer.” – use this article.
2. Using a cable, connect the iPhone to the computer, then run the program;
3. Select a section Raw File System in the menu on the right;
4. At the address iTunes_Control → Ringtones find the unwanted ringtone in the format m4r;
5. Delete the melody by right-clicking on it and selecting Delete;
6. After that, in the iPhone go to “Settings” → “Sounds, tactile signals” → “Ringtone”… If everything was done correctly, you will see only standard ringing tones.
If you are using the iTools program, follow the same steps.