Sound degradation in one or both AirPods (or AirPods Pro) headphones is experienced by many users as they use the headset, and not the lowest price of an accessory encourages people to immediately contact a service center. However, this is the rare case when, before a visit to specialists, it makes sense to try to fix the breakdown yourself.
So, if one AirPods earphone (AirPods Pro) began to play noticeably quieter or with some kind of permanent noise, then the cause of the breakdown may be: contamination, factory defects, mechanical damage or liquid ingress, incorrect sound source settings.
♥ BY TOPIC:How to turn an iPhone with AirPods into a spy microphone.
Why does one AirPods (AirPods Pro) play quieter than the other on iPhone (or not play at all), what is the reason?
One AirPods is empty
Unfortunately, sometimes users of AirPods of the first or second generation are faced with a broken left or right earbud. It just refuses to play sound.
1. First, place both AirPods inside their original charging case.
2. Make sure both earbuds are charging. Perhaps the reason lies in the fact that the headphones simply cannot receive energy from the case, or it does not charge itself. Then it is worth checking the performance of the case itself.
3. If there are no problems, close the lid and wait about 30 seconds.
4. Now you can check the performance of both AirPods.
This is the most common problem that you can solve on your own at home. The fact is that, unlike many budget models of in-ear headphones, AirPods (AirPods Pro) do not have silicone pads that prevent earwax from getting on the speaker grilles, as a result of which the mesh filters gradually lose their bandwidth, and the sound quality and volume decrease. .
To clean the grilles of AirPods speakers from earwax and other particles, you can use the same cotton swab that you had to clean your ears with. Having slightly moistened the cotton wool in pure alcohol or a special electronics cleaner, you should get rid of the main blockage in the center of the grate, and the perimeter can be passed with a toothpick by pressing it with minimal force. At the same time, it is not necessary to achieve 100% purity, it is enough to remove the most massive “plugs”.
♥ BY TOPIC: Apple AirPods: The 25 most common questions and answers about Apple wireless headphones.
More rarely, the user accidentally creates an imbalance in the sound of AirPods (AirPods Pro) in the settings of the parent device (iPhone, iPad, etc.). Go to the iOS menu Settings → Accessibility → audiovisualization and set the slider to the center in the section for setting the volume balance between the left and right channels.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to switch (turn on, pause) songs in AirPods if they don’t have a remote.
How to reset AirPods to factory settings
If the problem with one of the headphones remains, and it still does not work, then it is worth resetting the device.
1. On an iOS device, follow the path Settings → Bluetooth.
2. Next to your AirPods, tap the circle with the letter “i” inside.
3. Select “Forget this device”, and then confirm the action.
4. Place your AirPods in the case and close the lid.
5. After waiting 30 seconds, the case can be opened.
6. Press and hold the setup button until the status LED starts blinking amber a few times and then steady white.
7. Reconnect your AirPods to your device by placing them side by side. Connection instructions will appear on the screen.
Mechanical damage and defective AirPods or AirPods Pro
If after cleaning, checking and resetting the settings the problem could not be fixed, you will still have to pay a visit to a specialized service center. In this case, it should be borne in mind that headphones that are recessed or have obvious mechanical damage are not covered by the warranty.