It’s no secret that people constantly talk to their pets. Surprisingly, some of them can respond in completely human language, and not just purr and wag their tail. Of course, you won’t get a “thank you” from a dog, and even more so from a cat, but some birds can speak quite fluently.
♥ BY TOPIC: Parrot repeats iPhone ringtone (video).
Among birds, of course, the parrot became famous for its speaking skills. But not only this family knows how to repeat words after a person. Crows, jays, jackdaws, canaries and starlings can chat.
The latter, in general, due to their unique hearing, are able to surprise, repeating not only words, but also whole melodies. Most often, birds do not need to be taught to speak, they, having a role model, can acquire the ability on their own.
Sometimes this leads to incidents – a feathered creature can break out with a choice mate!
A talented bird will start repeating words after a person after just a couple of repetitions. And her vocabulary can be measured in tens and hundreds of phrases.
♥ BY TOPIC: Budgerigar voice activates Siri on iPhone (video).
Species of the most talking parrots
Out of more than 300 species of parrots, only 40 are considered speaking. The most talented among them is the African gray gray… This is a real artist who not only remembers up to 600 words, but also pronounces them appropriately. The bird, of course, cannot understand the meaning of the sounds it utters, but it accurately correlates words with objects and phenomena, copying the teacher’s speech. Jacot perfectly repeats the man’s manner of speaking, intonation and even the timbre of his voice. The parrot’s pure speech makes him an excellent parodist.
And the most capable students are considered Amazons… They quickly memorize words, but they cannot imitate a person.
Compliant cockatoo repeat speech clearly and clearly, but they constantly require the attention of the owner and his affection.
If the gray is the main artist among parrots, then an intellectual is considered macaw…
His vocabulary will not be rich, but he can learn to answer the questions posed, to associate events with well-known words.
Lorikets they can learn up to 50 words themselves, but they cannot be clearly pronounced.
Noble green-red eclectus not the best student – he says reluctantly and little.
Our popular unpretentious budgerigars they quickly grasp words and can surprise their master, albeit indistinct, but with words.
Outsiders in this “class” can be called rosell and parrots Corella, which are able to remember only a couple of phrases, but they reproduce sounds and melodies well.
♥ BY TOPIC: Why do cats love to sit / lie down in small spaces (boxes, bags, etc.).
How to teach a parrot to speak
In studies, the most capable do not always achieve success – a lot depends on the teacher, who reveals his ward. Just repeating words in front of the parrot in the hope that he will start repeating them is not enough. Parrots achieve good results in isolation from fellow tribesmen, in conditions of close emotional contact with a person and constant communication with him. Parrots memorize words recorded on a dictaphone worse than spoken live. And it is better to start teaching birds from a young age. It has been observed that the best results are shown by parrots, who are allowed to fly freely around the rooms. There are also specific recommendations in training:
- The male parrot is much easier to teach to speak than the female.
- Ideally, start learning from a young age.
- It is worth choosing the words or phrase to learn in advance.
- Classes should be regular, preferably at the same time.
- The parrot should not be distracted by extraneous sounds, he should be busy only with you.
- The words spoken with emotions are best remembered. That is why birds often repeat curses and exclamations.
- You should talk to the bird in a quiet and comfortable place.
- Successful repetition should be accompanied by praise or goodies.
- Do not expect a positive effect from placing a parrot cage near the TV, where they constantly say something (repetition of the same words or phrases is necessary).
- Being next to the pet, you need to repeat the necessary phrases 10-20 times, alternating them with the following.
- If you don’t have time to study, you can pre-record a two-hour audio lesson, which consists of 20 minutes of repeating phrases, followed by 30 minutes of rest, and so on.
Many parrot owners expect a quick result from their pets in memorizing speech. This leads to a series of mistakes that slow down the learning process. Shouting at parrots is not worth it – much depends on the individual natural talent… Even the most talented students cannot stand long lessons. Teaching a parrot to speak is a task that requires patience. But it will be rewarded with a pet that pleases the owner and guests with human speech.