Perhaps not very pleasant, but true – Microsoft Windows has been the dominant platform for educational, administrative and business institutions for years. And iOS and Mac users who prefer to edit documents in the program Pagesif they do not want to look like outcasts in the office, they must learn how to export files to the format .doc and .docx… Fortunately, the corresponding functionality is kindly built into the application itself.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to add a voice alert when charging an iPhone or iPad.
There is a difference between the latest and older versions of Pages in how the algorithms for exporting data to Word are implemented. Not principled, but capable of confusing the neophyte of the Mac computer empire, so the first rule is to update on time. Apple is not in vain to meet users halfway, now the software package, which includes Pages, is free (for users of new computers) – there should be no problems with downloading and installing. The following instructions describe the process of exporting the latest version of Pages data to a .doc or .docx file.
♥ BY TOPIC: Google Docs, or how to work with Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents for free without installing Microsoft Office.
How to save Pages files as Word (doc, docx) on Mac
1. Launch Pages, open the desired document, which must be saved to a file for Word.
2. Click on the menu “File” on the top panel, then select “Export to”, and in the submenu that opens, we are looking for the same “Word”…
3. Pages will open another window in which in the tab “Word” we are interested in the section “Extra options”indicated by a triangle.
4. The fundamental point – the stable version of MS Word 2003 is still installed and properly operated on thousands of PCs, but it does not recognize the format .docx… Accordingly, it is worth asking which Office package is used where our file will be sent, and then select the appropriate extension.
5. The final step – it remains to come up with the name of the new file, type the desired combination and press the button “Export”…
♥ BY TOPIC: Features of the macOS Calendar, or how to schedule the launch of files or programs on a Mac at the right time.
How to save Pages files as Word (doc, docx) on iPhone or iPad
1. Launch Pages app on iPhone or iPad (download link)
2. Open a document and click on the button with three dots in the upper right corner.
3. Select a section “Export”…
4. On the screen that appears, select the format Word (or another, if necessary).
5. A menu will open Share, in which you need to select the method of transferring the received file.
♥ BY TOPIC: Hotkeys for macOS Everyone Should Know.
How to save Pages files as Word (doc, docx) on Windows
1. Open any browser and go to icloud.com.
2. Enter your Apple ID credentials.
3. Open the web application Pages…
4. Select a document.
5. Go to document options.
6. From the drop-down menu, select “Send a Copy”…
7. Select the required format. In our case Word…
8. Conversion of the file will start. After it ends, press the button Email…
9. A new letter form will open with an attached file in Word format. Enter the address in the field “To whom” and press the button “Send”…
On the unpleasant – the abuse of specific characters in Pages, like the same Emoji icons and other beautiful, but “heavyweight” editing, significantly complicates the export procedure. Sharing with colleagues on a Windows PC is better with simple, standardized documents, fortunately, business style just implies the use of such.