With the release of iOS 15 and iPadOS 15, background sounds have appeared on iPhone and iPad. They should help users focus, calm down and relax. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to use background sounds.
♥ BY THEME: How to cast iPhone or iPad screen to Mac for free without installing third-party software.
Background sounds in iOS are available in six flavors: balanced, bright or dark noise, ocean, rain, and creek.
Instead of finding its own app, the feature ended up tucked away in the accessibility settings for iPhone and iPad. However, quick access to the function is possible through the Hearing icon in the Control Center.
Apple has some experience with ambient sounds as the company introduced the HomePod smart speaker in 2019 with seven different background options: white noise, stream, rain, ocean, night sounds, forest and fireplace sounds.
And while the potential for background sounds is likely to be realized over time, this built-in iOS 15 / iPadOS 15 feature certainly does not replace the trusted and proven option in the form of the popular Dark Noise app.
♥ BY THEME: Tags in Notes on iPhone, iPad and macOS: how to use.
How to enable nature sounds (background sounds) on iPhone and iPad
1. Open the app “Settings” (function works on iPhone and iPad) and go to “Universal access”…
2. Now swipe down and select Audiovisualization → Background sounds…
3. Press the switch Background soundsto turn on the default rain sound.
The switch acts as a play / pause button.
- You can use the Hearing tile in Control Center to play / pause and change background sounds.
- Go to the Sound menu to check, download and change background sounds.
- Just below you can set the volume level for separate use of background sounds. But there is also a remote control of the volume level when used during multimedia playback. There you can also turn off background sounds when playing multimedia.
- The first time you select a certain background sound, it will take some time to load it completely.
- You can use the physical volume buttons on your iPhone or iPad to control background sounds as soon as they start.
♥ BY THEME: How do I call FaceTime from Windows or Android?
Background sounds in Control Center
The fastest way to play / pause and change background sounds is to use tiles “Hearing” in the Control Center.
1. Go to Settings → Control point and press “+” next to the field “Hearing”if not already activated.
2. In Control Center, tap the ear icon, then activate background sounds at the bottom of the screen.
3. Now click on the line Background Sounds: Rainto change the sound to your liking.
To turn on / off Background sounds, use the corresponding button.
♥ BY THEME: How to recognize text from photos on iPhone without installing third-party applications.
Background sounds are definitely a handy addition to iOS 15, but it’s still a little awkward to use. And the function is quite simple, so if you need a lot of different sounds and related various possibilities, a great user interface and improved usability, then be sure to use Dark Noise for iOS / Mac.
Users are already putting forward suggestions on how Apple can improve the experience of background sounds: with a dedicated native app, sleep timer, space utilization, and more.