Many social media platforms do not allow users to change the name of an account after its initial setup, because this is the main element of account identification.
♥ BY TOPIC: Masks and effects on Instagram photos and videos: how to enable and add new ones.
Surprisingly, Instagram allows the user to change their username (nickname) at any time. At the same time, it is possible to change the display name, and this can be done both in mobile applications for iPhone or Android, and in the web browser of your computer.
Keep in mind that although you can theoretically change your display name to anything, it does not have to be unique, the situation is different with the user’s login (nickname).
The user’s login can no longer be used by someone else. Instagram will warn you if your desired name is not available. You won’t be able to save your changes until you choose a unique word.
♥ BY TOPIC: Blue Check Mark on Instagram: How to Get Verified Instagram Account Status.
How to change your Instagram nickname on your phone
1. Launch the Instagram app.
2. Click on your account icon in the lower right corner of the screen to go to your profile page.
3. If the application has multiple accounts configured, tap the account name at the top of the screen and select the account you want to change.
4. Click “Edit profile“.
5. On the Change Profile page, tap the box next to your display name or username (nickname) and make your changes. When you’re ready to save your results, clickDone“.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to create albums from Instagram photos or videos.
How to change your Instagram nickname in a web browser
1. In a web browser, go to the Instagram website.
2. Click the account icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Click “Edit profile“.
4. Tap the box next to your display name or user account and make your changes. When you’re ready to save your results, clickSend message“.