In iOS 15, Apple’s native Photos app received a significant Memory update, including a new design, an improved interactive interface, new visuals, and broader integration with Apple Music.
♥ BY THEME: How to recognize text from photos on iPhone without installing third-party applications.
The Photos app has always supported basic music integration when creating and viewing memories, but Apple Music subscribers can now add any song from this proprietary music service to their Memories.
When a Memory is selected in Photos, the new Memory Mix will suggest songs based on your previous Apple Music listening history that can be combined with your photos and videos. But you can choose a song yourself for more for improved personalization of the created content.
In addition to listening to songs, memory mixes also offer color filters that can be combined with the memory of your choice and accompanying music to create a specific atmosphere.
How to Add Song from Apple Music to “Memories” from “Photos”
Note: this only works on devices running iOS 15 and iPadOS 15.
1. Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad, then select the tab “For you”…
2. In the section “Memories” select the memory you want to edit.
3. Tap the playing memory to display the control overlay. Now tap the icon “Mixes of Memories” in the lower left corner (it looks like a musical note with asterisks).
4. Swipe left or right and the Photos app will use machine learning to match Apple Music tracks with different memories in the best possible combinations. (Use the icon Restart in the upper left corner to rewind the memory.)
5. If the proposed song seems appropriate to the memory, then just tap the screen. The music and image will be applied to your memory. Alternatively, tap the Music icon (a musical note with a + sign) to select a different song.
6. You can use “Best deals” Apple Music or other service categories, or click the icon “Search” at the top to find a specific song in your music library.
7. Click “Done” when you have selected a song to preview in your memory. Now tap the screen and the music will be saved in that memory.
In addition to integrating with Apple Music, Photos also got new types of memories, including new international holidays, childhood memories, trending trends, and improved pet memories, including even the ability to recognize individual dogs and cats.