The standard iOS Notes application is a simple, fast and convenient way to keep valuable information on the go. Syncing your device with iCloud will allow you to access all your recordings on your Mac, iPhone and iPad.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to block all calls from unknown and hidden numbers on iPhone.
We often have good thoughts that just have nowhere to write down. You can quickly capture valuable ideas or important information using the Notes app. The speed of access to it is an important factor in working with an iOS device. It turns out that you can access your notes directly from the lock screen of your iPhone or iPad.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to open, save ZIP archives on iPhone and iPad without installing additional applications.
How to add Notes to iOS or iPadOS Control Center
Before accessing Notes on the lock screen, you need to add this app to Control point, for this:
1. Open the app Settings and select a section Control point…
2. In the section “More controls” click on the plus sign next to Notes… This action will move them up to the section “Used controls”…
3. Optionally, you can select and drag Notes elsewhere in the list to change the view to Control room…
4. Done! Now at startup Control center the application icon will appear Notes…
♥ ON TOPIC: How to save a website page in Safari on iPhone (iPad) for reading without the Internet: 2 ways.
Setting the default action when launching Notes from the lock screen
Naturally, Notes may contain confidential information, and therefore access to all application records from the lock screen is protected by a password or Face ID (Touch ID).
However, the user has the ability to customize one of two possible actions performed when the icon is pressed Notes on the lock screen, namely:
– “Always create a new note”;
– “Back to last note”…
1. Open the app Settings and go to section Notes…
2. At the bottom of the screen, select Lock Screen Notes…
3. On iPhone, select “Always create a new note” or “Back to last note” depending on your needs.
On the iPad, the selection of items will be slightly different: “Always create a new note”, “Return to the last note created on the locked screen” and “Return to the last note viewed in the app”…
♥ ON TOPIC: How to co-edit Notes on iPhone and iPad with other users.
Check if access to Control Center is enabled on the lock screen
If Control Center does not open on the locked screen of your iPhone or iPad, then you have previously set the appropriate restrictions. To enable work Control center on the lock screen:
1. Open the app Settings and go to section Face ID and passcode (or Touch ID and Passcode, depending on the device).
2. Enter your passcode.
3. Set the switch Control point into position Included…
4. Lock your iPhone (iPad) and make sure you have access to Control Center on the lock screen.
♥ ON TOPIC: Birthdays on iPhone, iPad and Mac: How to add and enable reminders.
Features of Notes in Control Center
Now when you turn on the iPhone or iPad screen, you do not need to search for the application, but you can immediately go to Control point directly from the lock screen. There you need to find the recently added application icon. Notes, clicking on which will launch the program quickly.
Also, the icon Notes v Control room has additional options with a long press, namely, allows you to quickly create:
– new note;
– new checklist;
– new photo;
– document scan…
For iPad users with Apple Pencil, taking notes is even easier. You just need to press the branded stylus anywhere on the locked screen. This action will launch the Notes application.