Time is our most valuable resource. The hourglass was replaced by a mechanical one, and those by an electronic one. Today, almost any gadget can tell the time. Moreover, it is displayed and taken into account even by our browsers, because this system information is necessary for the programs to work. For example, when you go to a site in the browser, you can see an inscription about the clock lag. This just speaks of the discrepancy between the system time and date and the world ones.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to find a forgotten Wi-Fi password on a Windows computer: 4 ways.
A similar problem is present in all popular browsers: Yandex Browser, Safari, Google Chrome, etc.
The complete notification looks like this:
“The clock’s late. Failed to establish a secure connection to the domain due to incorrect calendar settings. “
In Safari on Mac, the notification text is slightly different:
“The clock is not set correctly. Safari cannot connect because the system clock is not set correctly. Set the clock to the correct time and try again. “
What to do in this case?
♥ ON TOPIC: How to make an application for Mac, Windows or Linux from any site, fast and free.
Why is there an error with the clock?
The reason for the appearance of this error is simple – the time and date are incorrectly set on your computer. This can happen due to several reasons:
- Time is out of order due to a system crash or error. For example, this happened when the computer suddenly restarted or the lights were turned off.
- The BIOS battery on the motherboard has run out, causing the clock to fail regularly.
- The computer has not been used for a long time.
If you even set the necessary indicators, but the error did not disappear, then you should set up the synchronization of your computer clock over the Internet with world time…
♥ ON TOPIC: 10 unnecessary standard programs in Windows 10 that you can uninstall.
What can not be done if there is an error with the clock?
The most common advice given by inexperienced users is to reinstall the system. Sometimes it can help, but is the time spent fixing such an essentially insignificant problem worth it? The correct day, month and year still have to be set manually, but the time can already be synchronized via the Internet.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to set a password to open Telegram on iPhone, Android, Mac or Windows.
How to fix the error with the clock in the browser on Windows?
If your browser regularly notifies you about an error with a clock lag, then here’s what you need to do:
1. Connect your computer to the Internet.
2. Open “Options” Windows and go to section “Time and Language”…
3. Set the switches: “Set time automatically” and “Automatically set time zone” to the position “Included”…
4. Press the button “Synchronize”…
5. Restart your computer and go back to the site that complained about the error.
Pay attention to the specified in the section “Clock Synchronization” time server. Must be specified time.windows.com… This is how the clock problem in Windows 10 is solved, and Windows 7 users should know the following:
How to set Internet time in Windows 7?
The time is configured in the same way in Windows 7. You need to go to the “Control Panel” and select the “Date and Time” section.
1. Open the menu “Internet time setting”…
2. Here you will need to check the box next to “Synchronize with an Internet time server”…
3. In the server input field, set time.windows.com. Now press the button “Update Now”… It remains to click OK.
If you want to make sure that synchronization is working correctly, you can deliberately set the date back a few days and set the wrong time. A successful sync will automatically set the correct data. A slightly more complex option involves setting the time using the command line.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to enable passwords from iPhone in Chrome on Windows.
How do I set up time synchronization using the command line?
1. Run command line as “Administrator”… To do this, right-click on the “Start” button, select “Run” and enter the command cmd.exe
2. Team net time will display the current time.
3.Using the net time / querysntp command in Windows 7, you can find out the name of the current time server.
If you wish, you have the opportunity to synchronize your time with any computer or server on the local network. To do this, use the command net time \<сетевое имя компьютера> /set.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to automatically switch the language (layout) on the keyboard in macOS or Windows.
How to fix “Clock is not set correctly” error in Safari on Mac?
1. Connect your computer to the Internet.
2. Open “System Preferences” macOS and go to the section “Date and time”…
3. Click on the lock in the lower left corner and enter the password Administrator…
4. Select the tab “Date and time” and check the box next to “Get date and time from Apple server (time.apple.com)”…
5. In the tab “Timezone” check the box next to “Automatically select a time zone depending on the current location”…