If you are somehow related to web development (for study, work, or just for personal interest), sooner or later you will need to look at the source code of the site on your Apple smartphone or tablet. But how to do that?
♥ ON TOPIC: 20 iPhone Camera Functions Every Apple Smartphone Owner Should Know
How to view the source code of a web page on an iPhone or iPad
To get started, we need an appropriate application. There are many such programs in the App Store, and most of them offer handy tools like syntax highlighting.
A good option for working with HTML is the HTML Viewer Q application. The program is distributed free of charge and offers all the necessary functionality. You can download the application from the App Store.
After the program is downloaded and installed on your iPhone or iPad, do the following:
1. Open the HTML Viewer Q application on your device.
2. Click the button Link in the upper right corner.
3. Enter the full URL of the page for which you want to view the code and click Go…
4. After the page is loaded, click on the button The code in the upper left corner of the screen.
Done – the HTML code of the specified page has just opened in front of you.
A few words about the useful features of the program:
- If the text of the code seems too small for you, HTML Viewer Q has the option to increase it to a comfortable size. The available options are 9, 12, 16, etc.
- Built-in search allows you to find information. All you need to do is enter a keyword or syntax in the search bar.
- HTML Viewer Q also allows you to copy HTML from a page for pasting into any other program.