Modern browsers are not at all limited by their original functionality. It can be easily supplemented with extensions, including third-party ones. There is such an opportunity for Safari on the iPhone or iPad, which not everyone knows about. We will tell you how you can work with extensions in this browser. You will learn how you can turn them off or completely remove them if necessary. As an example, here are three useful Safari extensions that you might find useful when working with your iPhone or iPad.
♥ BY THEME: How to drag text, photos, files between apps on iPhone or iPad.
How to download, install and use Safari extensions on iPhone or iPad?
Before you start working with extensions, make sure you are using iOS 15 or newer of that operating system. Now follow these steps to get your Safari browser extensions and work with them.
1. In the app “Settings” select tab Safari…
2. Click on Extensions → More extensions…
You will be presented with the Safari extensions page in the iPhone App Store.
3. Select the extension you are interested in and just click “Download”to add this element to your browser.
4. After the download is complete, go to Preferences -> Safari -> Extensions and activate the downloaded extension.
5. As an additional option, your extension can be launched from the iPhone home screen. Adjust the options for this add-on as needed.
6. Now open the Safari browser, you can see the extension icon in the address bar. Tap it to bring up a menu with a list of plugins.
7. Please note that if you have installed a content blocking extension, you may not see this icon. Alternatively, to use content blocking, tap aA next to the address entry line, and then select “Enable content blocking” or “Disable content blocking“.
When you first use the Safari extension, it may generate a popup asking for permission to work on that particular web page. You can grant rights to one-day work, allow work always, or prohibit an action. You can later manage these settings by following these steps.
♥ BY THEME: Safari Tab Groups on iPhone, iPad and Mac: What are They and How to Use them?
How to disable Safari extension on iPhone or iPad?
Perhaps you want to temporarily stop using the extension, but you still need it, you do not need to delete it. Here’s what you can do in such a situation.
1. Open “Settings” and click on Safari…
2. Tap the menu “Extensions”…
3. Next to the desired extension or content blocker, set the switch to Turned off…
4. On the contrary, if you change your mind and you need to activate the extension, in the same menu move the slider to the right.
And you can deactivate directly in the Safari browser itself, here’s how:
1. Open the Safari browser and tap the extensions icon or the button aA next to the address bar.
2. Tap the menu “Manage extensions”…
3. Here you can disable or enable the selected extensions.
4. Finally, click “Ready”…
♥ BY THEME: How to recognize text from photos on iPhone without installing third-party applications.
How to permanently uninstall Safari extension on iPhone?
Removing the Safari extension is similar to removing any regular iOS app. Here’s what you need to do.
1. Press and hold the icon for an application that is a Safari extension on the Home screen or in the Application Library.
2. In the window that appears, just click sequentially Uninstall App -> Uninstall App -> Uninstall…
You can also uninstall the Safari extension by choosing Settings → General → iPhone Storage → <Название расширения> → Remove app…
♥ BY THEME: How to blur background during video calls on iPhone (WhatsApp, FaceTime, Instagram, Telegram, etc.).
Examples of extensions for Safari on iPhone and iPad
Currently, in the Safari extensions section of the App Store, ad blockers or content blockers, adult sites, etc. form the bulk of the bulk. At the same time, there are not so many useful extensions or they are difficult to find. Here are some examples of interesting extensions for Safari.
Yandex in a new tab
The extension allows you to open the main page of the Yandex search engine in each new page of the Safari browser.
Download Yandex extension
Turn off the lights
Not all websites have a switch to enable dark mode or support system dark mode. This extension was created especially for working with such web resources. Its work with certain sites can make web surfing more comfortable at night.
Also, if you are watching something on YouTube in Safari, the Turn Off the Lights extension will keep the video in focus and obscure everything else. It looks very good.
Download the Turn Off the Lights extension
The extension adds developer tools to the Safari browser on the iPhone or iPad.
Download Web inspector extension
What do you think of Safari extensions? Do you need them for work and did you like the new feature? Or maybe you already use some extensions, then tell us which ones!