Using full screen mode on a Mac is an easy way to expand the application you’re using to full screen. The solution is perfect for working with designs and images, working with text, watching movies or exciting games.
If you’re just getting started with your Mac, here’s how to use it in detail. So here’s how full screen mode works on macOS.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to make functional F-keys on Mac really functional.
How to go full screen on Mac
It is easy to maximize an application or active window to full screen mode. To do this, macOS provides three possible options at once, any of which you can use by choosing the most convenient.
1. Click the green button in the upper left corner of the window.
2. Press and hold the green button and select Switch to full screen mode in the menu that appears.
3. Use a keyboard shortcut Control + ⌘Cmd + F…
♥ BY TOPIC: How to put your Mac to sleep (lock the screen) – 7 ways.
How to see the macOS Dock and menu bar in full screen mode
A window set to full screen will cover all others, including the menu bar and dock.
To access the menu bar or dock bar while using the app in full screen mode, simply hover your mouse over their location. The menu bar is usually at the top and the dock is at the bottom, unless you have moved it to the right or left.
To access other windows, applications, or the desktop:
Using the trackpad
– Swipe left or right with four fingers on the trackpad to navigate between desktops or programs that are in full screen mode.
– To display all open applications on the screen (Mission Control), swipe up with four fingers. Some versions of macOS use three fingers instead of four.
Using the Magic Mouse trackpad
– Swipe left or right with two fingers to switch between desktops or programs in full screen mode.
– To activate the Mission Control screen (all open applications will appear on the screen), double-click the surface of the mouse with two fingers.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to open your favorite sites in Safari on Mac using keyboard shortcuts.
How to get out of full screen mode on Mac
Exiting full screen mode is as easy as entering it. Use the green button, which you can see when you place the cursor in the upper left corner of the open window (a menu bar appears with the usual window control buttons). Or, again, use the keyboard shortcut Control + ⌘Cmd + F…
Full screen mode on a Mac can be really handy in many situations. You will need it for both work and entertainment, and you can enter and exit this mode with a simple mouse click.