ITunes program (in recent versions of macOS replaced by the application Music) on Mac and PC allows you to view a list of devices associated with your Apple ID and delete devices you no longer need.
♥ BY THEME: iPhone new, demo or refurbished (ref, CPO, like new) – how to check by model number.
When devices are linked to Apple ID
IPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Windows computers, and Android smartphones automatically linked to Apple ID when the owner uses certain features…
- Apple ID was used to log into Apple Music;
- Music was downloaded to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using the Music app;
- ICloud Music Library has been enabled;
- Previous purchases have been downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store;
- The function has been activated “Automatic downloads”;
- The function has been activated Family Sharing.
The device can then download and play music (Apple Music), movies, TV series, and other content purchased from the iTunes Store. In addition, linked devices allow you to activate the function “Automatic downloads” (when new purchases are automatically installed on all devices linked to the same Apple ID).
♥ BY THEME: How to wake up your iPhone screen: five ways.
How many and which devices can be linked to Apple ID
Apple ID can be linked no more than 10 devices (Mac computers, Windows computers, as well as Android and iOS devices) at the same time, of which only 5 can be computers…
List of devices related to the purchase of media materials, does not necessarily match the device listwhere the user is logged in with their Apple ID. This list can be viewed on the Apple ID account page.
♥ BY THEME: How to turn off cellular data for certain apps on iPhone and iPad.
Why remove linked devices
Devices associated with Apple ID are deleted in the following cases:
- A new device needs to be added, but the limit on the number of connected devices has already been reached;
- You cannot download previous purchases from the iTunes Store;
- Apple Music not working or unable to log into Apple Music account;
- The associated device is going to be sold or donated.
♥ BY THEME: 5 ways to make iPhone speakers louder
How to View and Delete Linked Devices on Mac and Windows
Go to the page “Account Information” by clicking on the link “View my account” in order to automatically open iTunes (application Music on macOS Catalina or newer versions of macOS) and enter your Apple ID information to log in to the system. The same can be done differently:
1. Open the iTunes program (you can download it here) or the application Music on newer versions of macOS;
2. Click “Account” → “To come in” and log in to the system using your Apple ID;
3. Select “Account” → “View …” in the menu bar or window of iTunes or an app Music macOS Catalina or newer macOS
4. The system may ask you to re-enter your Apple ID password;
5. The Account Information page opens. It is necessary to scroll the page to the section “Downloads and purchases” and choose “Device Management”… The section will not appear if no device is linked to the Apple ID.
♥ BY THEME: How to properly shade secret data in iPhone screenshots so that they cannot be seen.
How to view linked devices
Please select “Device Management” in order to view information about each linked device. To the right of the devices will be the date they were linked to the Apple ID. In addition, this page will provide information on how many days are left until the moment when the device can be linked to another Apple ID.
If the device is not on the list, you can try to associate it with Apple ID.
How to remove linked devices
Please select “Device Management”and then the button “Delete”located to the right of the devices. Keep in mind that it can take up to 90 days before a device can be paired with a new Apple ID.
In case the button “Delete” near the device is inactive, the user needs to sign out of the Apple ID account on this device and try again.
♥ BY THEME: How to enable tethering and share Internet (Wi-Fi) from iPhone or iPad.
How to remove linked devices on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
On iPhone, iPad and iPod touch there is no function to view the list of connected deviceshowever, a device that you have access to can be easily removed without using a computer. For this you need:
1. Select on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch “Settings” → [Имя пользователя] → “Media materials and purchases”;
2. In the menu that appears, select “View” and, if necessary, enter a password;
3. Scroll the screen to the section “Downloads and purchases” and press “Remove this device”…
♥ BY THEME: How to download a video from VK (VKontakte) to an iPhone or iPad and watch without the Internet.
Linking Android devices
On Android smartphones, you cannot view and delete linked devices. At the same time, the smartphone itself is included in the limit on the number of linked devices.
“The device is already associated with an Apple ID. The device can be linked to another Apple ID via […] days. “
This message appears when you try to pair your device with a different Apple ID. In this case, the waiting time can take up to 90 days.