You might think that a tool for decrypting audio recordings is needed only by journalists, lawyers or medical professionals, but this is not so.
The recorder can be turned on at a meeting or lecture at the university. Writers also often make audio notes on the go. In principle, the method of converting audio to text can be useful to anyone.
♥ BY TOPIC: Dictation, or how to translate speech into text on iPhone and iPad without errors and with punctuation marks.
How to facilitate the conversion of speech in audio format to text using the online program oTranscribe
Once upon a time, turning sound into text was a rather ungrateful and time-consuming task, but now everything has changed. oTranscribe Is a free open source application that runs in a browser.
It should immediately be noted that
oTranscribe is not a service for recognizing audio and then converting it to text format, but only a tool to simplify this routine as much as possible.
Prepare the audio file, and then do the following:
1. Press the blue button “Start decryption” on the main page (Russian interface language switches in the top menu).
2. Download the audio recording to the browser by clicking the button “Select an audio (or video) file”. The web application also supports YouTube video decryption.
3. The file will appear as a playback line at the top of the browser window with controls for fast-forwarding, pausing, or fast-forwarding. The application supports hotkey combinations.
4. In the text editor, you can enter the text with decryption. There are two formatting options: bold and italics.
5. Start typing by controlling the playback speed using the slider or the F3 and F4 keys.
Interactive timestamps can also be set in oTranscibe. Click Ctrl + J (⌘Cmd + J on Mac)to insert the current time of the audio file into the document. This timestamp works like a hyperlink, and when you click on it, it will move you to a specific time in the audio file.
Upon completion, you can download the transcript as a markup file, a simple text file, or save it in the oTranscribe document format. The .OTR format can then be imported back into the application. You also have the option to export it to Google Drive, save a backup, or make it part of another document.