Not everyone knows that Apple has a simple but very useful app called Scrapbook. As you can easily guess by the name, it makes it possible to place on the desktop a digital “note” sticker with useful information.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to hide all the icons from the macOS desktop in one click: 3 ways.
What are Scrapbooks on Mac
application Scrapbook allows you to create colored cards for recordings resembling stickers on the macOS screen.
The program has the ability to select fonts and their sizes. To emphasize, you can choose bold or oblique style, as well as color, change the font color.
If necessary, in the Note, you can insert a picture, a web link, spell check and much more.
If desired, the note window can be reduced to a compact size. To do this, simply double-click on the top (header) of the note. In this case, the first line of the note will be its title.
Moreover, Scrapbook allow you to create task lists. The most diverse – for example, housework, shopping, cool ideas, etc.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to create an HTML image caption for emails on macOS.
How to create a task list in Notes
1. Open the application Scrapbook. The easiest way to find it is through the Spotlight search bar (the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the screen). Alternative way: Finder → Programs → Notes.
2. Click on the note where you want to create the list.
3. Press the keys simultaneously ⌥Option (Alt) and Tab.
4. When the first marker of your list (bullet) appears, enter the text using the keyboard.
To add another marker, press Return (Enter on Windows). To complete the list, click Return twice.
♥ BY TOPIC: Active angles on macOS: what is it, how to set up and use it.
How to create a “complex” task list with levels in Notes
If one level of shootouts is not enough for you, putting another marker sublevel into it is also very simple:
1. Place the cursor at the end of the line where you want to get an additional level.
2. Press the key Return (Enter on Windows) – this action will add a first level marker.
3. Click Tab to create a sublevel – this action will move the first level marker to the right.
4. Click Return to create an additional sublevel.
♥ BY TOPIC: Mac for Dummies: 30 Useful MacOS Tips for Beginners.
How to Format Lists in Scrapbooks on Mac
In just a couple of clicks, you can change the format of your list – change icons (for example, a circle instead of a dash), switch from a bulleted list to a numbered list, etc. In this case, you can change the formatting for each level of shootouts separately.
To do this, place the cursor at the beginning of the line, right-click and click on the caption List in the context menu that appears.
All available options are displayed. In the drop-down menu, you can choose between numbered and bulleted lists, specify a prefix or suffix and set the start number for the numbered list.
If you want second-level markers to visually differ from more significant markers, check the box at the bottom of the settings window. As a result, another icon will appear near the markers of the second level (for example, “bird”):
… Notes is a great application that will definitely come in handy in work, study and many life situations. Do you use Scrapbook? Or choose some other application?