Many users experience sound degradation in one or both AirPods (or AirPods Pro) headphones as they use the headset, and the not the lowest price of the accessory encourages people to immediately contact the service center. However, this is the rare case when it makes sense to try to fix the breakdown yourself before visiting a specialist.
So, if one AirPods (AirPods Pro) earphone began to play noticeably quieter or with some permanent noise, then the cause of the breakdown may be: pollution, factory defects, mechanical damage or ingress of liquid, incorrect sound source settings.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to turn an iPhone with AirPods into a spy microphone.
Why does one AirPods (AirPods Pro) play quieter than the other on the iPhone (or not play at all), what is the reason?
One AirPods is low
Unfortunately, sometimes first or second generation AirPods users are faced with a broken left or right earbud. It just refuses to play sound.
1. First, place both AirPods inside their original charging case.
2. Make sure both earbuds are being charged. Perhaps the reason lies in the fact that the headphones simply cannot receive energy from the case, or it does not charge itself. Then it is worth checking the performance of the case itself.
3. If there is no problem, close the cover and wait about 30 seconds.
4. You can now test the functionality of both AirPods.
This is the most common problem that you can solve yourself at home. The fact is that, unlike many budget models of in-ear headphones, AirPods (AirPods Pro) do not have silicone pads that prevent earwax from getting on the speaker grilles, as a result of which the mesh filters gradually lose their bandwidth, and the sound quality and volume decrease. …
To remove earwax and other particles from the AirPods speaker grilles, you can use the same cotton swab you used to clean your ears. Having slightly moistened cotton wool in pure alcohol or a special electronic cleaner, you should get rid of the main blockage in the center of the grill, and you can go through the perimeter with a toothpick by pressing on it with minimal force. In this case, it is not necessary to achieve one hundred percent purity, it is enough to remove the most massive “plugs”.
♥ BY TOPIC: Apple AirPods: 25 Common Questions and Answers About Apple Wireless Headphones.
A rarer case when the user accidentally creates an imbalance in the sound of AirPods (AirPods Pro) headphones in the settings of the parent device (iPhone, iPad, etc.). Go to the iOS menu Settings → Accessibility → Audiovisualization and set the slider in the center in the section for adjusting the volume balance between the left and right channels.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to switch (turn on, pause) songs on AirPods if they don’t have a remote control.
How to factory reset AirPods
If the problem with one of the headphones remains, and it still does not work, then you should reset the device.
1. On an iOS device, follow the path Settings → Bluetooth…
2. Next to the AirPods, tap the circle with the letter “I” inside.
3. Select Forget this device, and then confirm the action.
4. Place the AirPods in the case and close the cover.
5. After waiting 30 seconds, the case can be opened.
6. Press and hold the setup button until the status light flashes amber several times and then solid white.
7. Reconnect the AirPods to your device by placing them side by side. Connection instructions will appear on the screen.
Mechanical damage and marriage AirPods or AirPods Pro
If, after cleaning, checking and resetting the settings, the problem was not resolved, then you still have to pay a visit to a specialized service center. At the same time, it should be borne in mind that headphones that are sunken or have obvious mechanical damage are not covered by the warranty.