Mimoji (Memoji) allow you to quite eloquently indicate both your mood and character in general. Users can create these graphic icons themselves and then use them when communicating in FaceTime or in Messages. Moreover, if your iPhone or iPad Pro supports this feature, then you can also make your Mimoji animated. They will repeat your facial expressions and even speak in your voice.
♥ BY THEME: How to show your iPhone screen in real time during a call.
With the TrueDepth camera, Mimoji let you create characters to your liking and share them with friends. At the same time, the characters are endowed with your voice and repeat your facial expressions. Currently, Mimoji have already managed to flood social networks.
♥ BY THEME: How to drag text, photos, files between apps on iPhone or iPad.
What is the difference between Animoji and Mimoji?
Animoji appeared before Mimoji. They are ready-made versions of animated masks (animals and other funny characters), while Mimoji allow you to create your own animated image, taking into account the shape and color of the face, age, eye color, hairstyle, etc.
Apple dropped the name Animoji a few years later. At the moment, for Animoji and Mimoji, the generalized one is used – Mimoji.
On compatible iPhones (without the Home button), Mimojis can be created using the TrueDepth camera, which is also used by the Face ID facial recognition system. This camera system is capable of mapping more than 50 facial muscles and then translating the movements of those muscles into 3D masks. Therefore, when you raise your head, raise your eyebrows, blink and talk, Mimoji repeat your actions in sync with you.
♥ BY THEME: Safari Tab Groups on iPhone, iPad and Mac: What are They and How to Use them?
On which devices can you send Mimoji (Animoji)?
You can create your own animated emoji for iPhones and iPad Pros with a TrueDepth camera (iPhone X and newer, excluding iPhone SE 2).
♥ BY THEME: How do I call FaceTime from Windows or Android?
Which iOS devices can be sent (viewed) Mimoji
All current iPhones, iPads, or Macs can receive Mimoji in iMessages or cover their faces in FaceTime video calls.
♥ BY THEME: How to change EXIF metadata of location, dates, etc. pictured in iPhone.
How does the iPhone “read” the emotions of its owner?
Apple has amassed a large knowledge base of facial expressions and gestures, and incorporated it into the iOS code. The operating system reacts to movements of the eyebrows, cheeks, chin, open or closed eyes, movement of the jaw, lips and mouth (smile, discontent, etc.).
♥ BY THEME: How to recognize text from photos on iPhone without installing third-party applications.
How to create your own Mimoji?
1. Open the Messenger messenger with the configured iMessage service. Create a new message or select an existing conversation. Click on the field for entering a new message.
2. Press the Memoji button on the toolbar and select a preset template, or slide your finger all the way to the right and press the button “+”which will create “New Memoji”…
3. An interface for forming your own image will appear. Here you can make your Mimoji a hairstyle, choose an eye color, skin color, wear glasses, etc.
4. Click “Ready”…
♥ BY THEME: How to blur background during video calls on iPhone (WhatsApp, FaceTime, Instagram, Telegram, etc.).
How to create your own Mimoji stickers?
You can collect the Mimoji you created and make a set of stickers out of them. They can be called from the keyboard, and then used in the Mail applications, Messages, and also in some third-party programs.
1. Create your Mimoji as described above.
2. Open the keyboard, in it, press the button for selecting Mimoji stickers.
3. Find the sticker you want to send or create your own.
4. Now just press the button “Send”…
♥ BY THEME: How to remove objects from a photo online for free.
How do I use animated Mimoji in Messages?
1. First you need to make sure you are working with a compatible iPhone or iPad Pro.
2. Open the Messages application, select the desired chat and tap on the field for entering a new message.
3. Now click on the Mimoji button and select the required template.
4. In the lower right corner of the window, click on the red circle button to start recording the animation. When finished, press it again to stop.
Please note that the recording takes no more than 30 seconds. If you need to select another created Mimoji image for your message, just click on the desired picture – your face and voice are instantly synchronized with the new picture.
To delete edit or delete Mimoji button with three dots.
5. Now you can press the button “Send”…
♥ BY THEME: “Calculator” on iPhone: hidden features of the standard iOS application.
How to work with animated Mimoji in FaceTime?
1. Make sure your iPhone or iPad is compatible with this feature.
2. Open the FaceTime app and make a video call.
3. After establishing communication with the subscriber, press the button for creating “effects” in the form of an asterisk.
4. Now select the Mimoji you want to use.
You can continue to FaceTime with the already applied and configured Mimoji. If the “Close” button in the form of a cross is pressed, then the conversation will take place without Mimoji, or you will return to the FaceTime menu.
You can change the image of Mimoji or even delete it while chatting in FaceTime, for this you need to repeat steps two to four.
♥ BY THEME: How to see saved passwords for sites in Safari and apps on iPhone and iPad.
How to edit or delete the created Mimoji?
You may need to change the created Mimoji image. You can reselect its elements, duplicate it, or even delete it. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open the Messages application, select the desired chat and go to the message input field.
2. Now press the Mimoji button or the Mimoji stickers button. Select the picture you need.
3. Now press the additional menu button with three dots. There you can choose what action to take with your Mimoji: edit, duplicate or delete.
If you need to use your Mimoji simultaneously on all compatible devices, you will need to activate two-factor authentication for your Apple ID account. Then log into iCloud with her on all your devices. You also need to enable iCloud Drive. To do this, follow the path Settings → Your name → iCloud→ iCloud Drive…
♥ BY THEME: How to reduce the consumption of mobile Internet traffic on the iPhone. 15 tips.
How to save Mimoji as a video in the Photos app
When sending or receiving Mimoji, you can also save them to the Photos app. For this:
1. Open the app “Messages”…
2. Open the message with the Mimoji you want to keep.
3. Press and hold the picture until the pop-up menu appears. Select an option “Save”…
You can also expand the selected Mimoji to full screen, and then in the menu Share this select an option “Save Video”…
Saved animated images can be found in the album “Video” in the application “Photo”… You can not only save your favorite Mimoji, but also share them with your friends.
♥ BY THEME: Invisible in iMessage: how to enable or disable read reports on messages individually for each contact.
How to share Mimoji
The easiest way to share an animated picture is to send it through the app “Messages”, because it is here that Mimoji are created. You can forward the received or sent image to friends, or send it to the social network or other applications.
How to forward Mimoji
1. Open the app “Messages”…
2. Tap the Mimoji message you want to keep.
3. Press and hold the image until the pop-up menu appears. Select an option “Yet”…
4. Click the button “Forward” in the lower right corner.
You will now be able to create a new message that will already contain the saved Animoji as an iMessage attachment. Enter your message and click on “Send”…
How to post Mimoji on social media
1. Open the app “Messages”…
2. Tap the Mimoji message you want to keep. Mimoji’s video should be full screen.
3. Press the button Share and select the application or service you want. If you saved the image in the application “Photo”, you have even more options.
Since Mimoji are saved as a short video, they can be shared just like any other video. You can post it to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc., or send it by email.