Every Apple computer comes preinstalled View – multifunctional file viewer. This is where photos and PDF files are opened by default, it is there that you can edit the image without special programs.
♥ BY TOPIC: The best Mac viewer, or how to view photos on macOS – the best apps.
Most often, Mac users use arrows, lines, ovals, rectangles and text labels. But today we will not be talking about them, but about one of the little-known and underestimated features of Viewing – a magnifying glass (or just a magnifying glass).
A magnifier is used when you need to make a large selection of one of the details in an image or on a document – for example, to attract attention, or just for artistic purposes.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to automatically empty Trash on Mac (macOS).
How to use the Magnifier in Preview on Mac
1. To add a magnifying glass to the image, click the button Markup on the toolbar.
2. Select the magnifier from among the geometric shapes (bottom right).
3. After the magnifier has been added to the image, you can easily increase or decrease the zoom level. To do this, simply move the green circle on the magnifier itself. The blue circle is responsible for the size of the magnifying glass – it can also be made larger or smaller.
♥ BY TOPIC: The best video players for Mac.
4. If you wish, you can add several loops to the image at once. Moreover, they can intersect, i.e. enlarge the same place.
5. In addition, if two loupes are positioned so that one is on top of the other or behind it – right-click or + Ctrl-click will change their order. To do this, use the context menu options (right click on the mouse) – Forward, Bring to Front, Back, Bring to Back…
6. Removing a magnifying glass from a picture is also very easy – just click on it with the mouse and press Delete…
P.S. Keep in mind that the Viewer Loupe is an annotation tool, not a regular magnifier. If you save or export a document with a magnifying glass placed on it, it will become an integral part of it, and you will not be able to remove it from there.