After a vacation, sometimes I want to remember all the places where I managed to visit. Function Places, implemented in the Photos app on iPhone and iPad, will do just fine with this. In this article, we’ll show you how to view photos and videos tied to a place on the map directly on your iOS device.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to create a double in the photo (clone objects) on the iPhone.
How to make photos and videos snap to a place (map) on iPhone
While traveling, the first thing to do without fail is to make sure that geolocation services are enabled on your iPhone or iPad, and – most importantly – they have permission to use Cameras. To check this, go to Settings your device and go to the “Confidentiality”. Choose “Geolocation Services, make sure the slider is active (i.e. green).
Click on “Camera”, then on the inscription “When using the program ».
Now photos and videos will be tagged by location. Preliminary preparations are made, now you can proceed to the main thing.
♥ BY TOPIC: Coordinates of a point on a map using iPhone: how to find and share.
How to watch photos and videos on a map in iPhone or iPad
1. Open the application on your device Photo and go to the tab Albums;
2. Find an album with photos and videos called Places;
3. This album is divided into two sections: Cards and Grid.
- Cards respectively open Apple Maps. All your geotagged photos will be placed on the corresponding map points. You can scale the map and view photos and videos by simply tapping them.
- In section Grid Photos and videos are sorted by geographic location, relative to specific dates.
Done! Now you can easily see your photos and videos on the map and visually determine where you were and what you’ve done lately. If geotags have not been activated before, do not be discouraged – at least now your iGadget has all the necessary settings, and in the future it will certainly please you with geo-collections of your favorite pictures.