Most Apple Watch owners are familiar with the audio player app Running – it automatically launches by default whenever you play audio through the app “Music” or “Podcasts” on iPhone. A similar screen appears during audio playback through any third-party iPhone app that also has an Apple Watch extension.
♥ BY THEME: 3 types of flashlights in Apple Watch: what they are for, how to turn them on and off.
Application Performed provides quick access to playback controls right on your wrist, as well as track options such as Like / Dislike and Remove from Library… Plus, you can use the Digital Crown on Apple Watch to adjust the volume, which is useful when listening to AirPods or other headphones that don’t have built-in volume controls.
Some users may not like that the app Performed automatically appears when playing audio on iPhone. If you just want to see the watch face when you lift your wrist during audio playback, you can turn off this feature by default.
To the application Performed can be accessed without automatically going to the audio playback screen. One solution is to add an app Performed to the Dock on Apple Watch, accessed by pressing the side button.
♥ BY THEME: Apple Watch in the pool: detailed instructions for swimmers.
How to turn off autoplay audio recordings on Apple Watch
1. Tap the watch face on your Apple Watch to open the app launcher.
2. Run the application “Settings” and go to section “Screen and brightness”…
3. Set the switch “Autostart applications with audio” into position “Turned off”…
On an Apple Watch with older firmware, this option is along the way Settings → General → Screen Activation…
♥ BY THEME: Apple Watch water resistance (all models): can you swim and what you need to know.
How to turn off autoplay audio through iPhone
1. Run the application “Watch” on iPhone.
2. In the tab “My watch” go to section “Screen and brightness” and set the switch “Autostart applications with audio” into position “Turned off”.
On iPhones with older firmware, this option is along the way Settings → General → Screen Activation…
♥ BY THEME: How to find your iPhone using your Apple Watch.
How to add the Now Playing screen to the Dock on Apple Watch
To open the player “Performed” after disabling it, you can use the Dock-panel, having previously added the appropriate widget. For this:
1. Run the application “Watch” on iPhone, go to the tab “My watch” and select a section “Dock”…
2. Check the box Favorites In chapter “Dock”…
4. Click “Change” in the upper right corner of the screen.
5. Scroll down to the section “Do not turn on” and tap the symbol Plus (+) Near Performedto add it to the list of excluded applications. Then drag it to the list Favorites using the button in the form of three lines in the far right corner. (Note that you can also use these buttons to control the placement of apps in the Dock.)
6. Click “Ready” in the upper right corner of the screen.
To call the panel Favorites on Apple Watch, press the side button.
♥ BY THEME: What are Active Calories in Apple Watch.
How to add the Execute extension to the watch face
Before following these instructions, make sure you are using a watch face that supports this feature (for example, Activity or Modular).
1. Long press the Apple Watch face.
2. Click “Change”…
3. Swipe your finger from right to left until a large space is highlighted (bottom extension box on display).
4. Scroll through the list of available options until you go to Performed…
5. Press the wheel twice to set the function and exit the setting mode.