Apple, of course, will never be recognized – but Live Photos are nothing more than ordinary mini-videos. But sending such a file to a friend is not easy. For example, if you do this by mail, then the recipient will receive only a photo (no video). What to do?
♥ ON TOPIC: How to take a photo with a trail effect (long exposure) on an iPhone: 2 ways.
How to Transfer Live Photos from iPhone to iPhone or iPad
There are three correct ways to transfer Live Photos from iPhone to iPhone or iPad:
Method 1 – via iMessage message
1. Run the application Message and create a new message iMessage (Apple users only).
2. Click the camera icon in the lower left corner. In the opened camera interface, click the icon Add image in the upper left corner.
3. Select Life Photos (the image is marked with the appropriate icon) and press the blue button send…
Method 2 – via AirDrop transfer
1. Open Live Photos in the photo app (a checkmark will be placed in the upper left corner).
2. Click the icon Share.
3. In the menu that appears, tap the AirDrop…
4. Select the user to whom you want to send the image.
We talked in more detail about transferring files via AirDrop in this article.
Method 3 – by creating a Shared Album in iCloud
1. Open the app Photo, go to album Photo Live Photos in the tab Albums…
2. Press the button Select in the upper right corner and select the files that will be placed in Shared Album…
3. Press the button Share this…
4. In the menu that appears, select To the general album…
5. Follow the instructions on the screen to create Shared Album (in detail). Ultimately, you will have a new one on your iPhone. Shared Album…
6. Open the created Shared Album and invite users to it. After that, the same album will appear on their iPhone or iPad in the application. Photo…
In dispatch Live Photo there is nothing unusual through this methods – they can be shared just like any other media file. The main thing is to make sure that you are transferring a “live photo”. This will be indicated in the upper left corner by the corresponding icon with the inscription “LIVE”Or with the name of the applied effect.
♥ ON TOPIC: What is HDR, Auto HDR and Smart HDR in an iPhone camera, whether to enable it, and how it affects photo quality.
How to Transfer (and View) Live Photos from iPhone to Mac
It should be noted right away that viewing Live Photos on Mac is possible only in the iMessage and Photos applications.
Method 1 – via a message in iMessage (you can transfer to someone else’s or your Mac)
Send an iMessage to a Mac user from iPhone by attaching Live Photos as an attachment. The iMessage service must be configured on the Mac (instructions).
After receiving the message, open the sent photo in Live Photos format (there should be a corresponding icon in the upper left corner), click the button Share this and choose Add to Photo… The imported Live Photos will appear in the corresponding section of the application. Photo…
Method 2 – Import to Photos app via cable (to someone else’s or your Mac)
Connect iPhone to Mac using a cable. Open the Photos app and select the identified iPhone from the menu on the left in the section Devices… In the window that opens, the photos available for import from the Photos application on the iPhone will open on the right. Select Live Photo and click Import selected (quantity)… The imported Live Photos will appear in the corresponding section of the Photos app.
Method 3 – by creating a Shared album in iCloud (on someone else’s or your Mac)
On iPhone you need to create Shared Album with Live Photos (see instructions above) and provide access to it for the necessary users. Thereafter Shared Album appears in the Photos app on your Mac.
Method 4 – iCloud Photos (only on your Mac)
Transfer Live Photo from your iPhone to your Mac you can enable the function Photo to iCloud on both devices.
On iPhone along the way: application Settings → Your name → iCloud → Photo.
On Mac along the way: application Photo → Settings → iCloud Tab…
If your iPhone contains more than 5 GB of photos and videos, then this method will require the purchase of additional space in iCloud.
Thus the whole Mediathek iPhone (along with Live Photos) will be available in the Photos app on Mac. Live Photos on Mac will appear in the section of the same name in the Photos application.
Method 5 – Photo Stream (only on your Mac)
Transfer Live Photo from your iPhone to your Mac you can enable the function Photo stream on both devices.
On the iPhone along the way: the app Settings → Your name → iCloud → Photo…
On a Mac along the way: the app Photo → Settings → iCloud Tab…
Live Photos (and other images and videos) appear on your Mac in their respective sections of the Photos app.
The main disadvantage of this method is that only photos and videos (including Live Photos) taken within the last 30 days will be copied to the Mac. In other words, the Photo Stream section of the Photos app on Mac will contain content captured in the past month.
♥ ON TOPIC: Reverse shooting on iPhone, or how to shoot video “backwards”.
How to Transfer and View Live Photos on Android or Windows
Unfortunately, Live Photo is only available on iPhone, iPad and Mac. On all other systems – Windows, Android, etc. – you will see only a regular static photo instead of a “live” one.