Social networks have already become so much an integral part of our lives that you periodically openly get tired of them. Do you want a break from Instagram? Such a desire can well be understood. But instead of completely removing the application or your profile, just try temporarily deactivating your Instagram account. It is likely that in a month you will want to use the services of this service again. And when you enter it, you will see all your notes in the same place – as if there was no downtime.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to unsubscribe from a person on Instagram so that he does not recognize (so as not to offend).
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account
Temporarily disconnecting your Instagram account removes the profile from the social network for the period of time that you need to rest from the service. The link to your Instagram profile will become invalid, users will not be able to find you in the search, and they will also not be able to contact you. But these features will be restored after reactivating the account.
You can temporarily deactivate your Instagram account, regardless of whether it is a personal account or owned by a business.
Oddly enough, you won’t be able to disconnect your account from the Instagram application on iPhone or Android. Instead, you will need to use the Instagram site.
1. Open the Instagram website on your computer or smartphone browser and log in using the account you want to disable.
2. Go to the profile main page and select “Edit profile“.
Alternatively, you can go directly to this link to go directly to the profile editing screen.
3. In this section, scroll down and click on the “Temporarily disable my account“.
4. Instagram will ask you about the reason for deactivating your account. You can select options from the drop-down menu. If they do not suit you, or you do not want to indicate a specific reason, then select the option “Other“.
After the choice is made, you will need to enter your Instagram password in a special field.
5. Now again it will be necessary to click on the blue button “Temporarily block your account” at the bottom of the page. Again, Instagram will ask you about the desire to continue. It remains only to press the button “Yes“In the popup.
This will disable your Instagram account. On the smartphone, the application will exit the service. To make sure the result is done, you can try to search for yourself by username on Instagram. The service will report that the user either does not exist or has not yet published anything.
♥ BY TOPIC: Instagram cache on iPhone: where to look and how to clear it.
How to recover your Instagram account
As we have already said, the whole point of temporarily deactivating your account is precisely that at any time you can return to the services of the service and re-activate the previously disabled account. All you need is an Instagram username and password. If you forget it, you can try to reset it.
Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device or go to the Instagram website.
Just log in to Instagram with your username and password.
Your account will be instantly restored and accessible, as before. For added security, we still recommend changing your Instagram password after reactivating your account.