For most of us, smartphones have become an integral part of life – we fall asleep with them and first of all take in our hands in the morning. But the more functions and capabilities an electronic device implements, the more energy it consumes. We can only recall with nostalgia those times when the phone was recharged once a week. Modern smartphones have a much more modest battery life.
♥ BY TOPIC: New in iOS 14: How to hide unwanted application pages from the home screen on iPhone and iPad.
And if you simply cannot increase the capacity of the battery – this will affect the dimensions and weight of the device, then you can try to solve the problem of autonomy with the help of software solutions. Most manufacturers are trying to implement these or those similar “chips”, and Apple did not stand aside.
In fact, power saving mode has been around on the iPhone for a long time. True, the ideal implementation of the scenario did not work out; it clearly required refinement and improvement of the automation options. Starting with iOS 14, Power Saving Mode provides users with new customization options.
♥ BY TOPIC: Tap iPhone Cover – Take a screenshot: How to bind actions to tap on the back of an iPhone.
How Standard Power Saving Mode works on iPhone
If you turn on the normal power saving mode on your iPhone, here’s what happens to the system:
- iPhone performance is reduced by 30-50%;
- background work of applications is disabled;
- apps will stop automatically updating, and content purchased on other devices will not be delivered to iPhone;
- the automatic display lock time will be reduced to 30 seconds;
- iCloud sync will be disabled;
- some visual effects on iOS will stop working.
The main disadvantage of using the standard Power Save Mode is the need to manually activate it. Of course, if you turn on the power saving mode when the battery is fully charged, it will almost double its battery life. But users, which is quite expected, remember about the autonomy of their device when the charge remains 10-20%. In such a situation, it is hardly possible to greatly extend the operating time of the device.
Again, iPhone Power Saving Mode cannot be automatically activated using standard iOS tools. In addition, the user can ignore the notification about the low battery or simply forget to turn on the required mode.
♥ BY TOPIC: Hidden correspondence on iPhone: how to create a secret chat without using instant messengers.
How to automatically turn on Power Saving Mode on iPhone
1. Install the Apple Shortcuts app.
2. On the “Automation“Press the button”Create automation for yourself“.
3. Select “Battery level“.
4. Specify the required percentage of charge level at which any action will take place. Click on Further…
5. On the next screen, press the button. Add action…
6. In the search box, specify the required action. In our example, we will use the action On / On power saving modethat controls on or off Power saving mode…
7. Set the selected action to the required value (Enable or Disable). In our case – Enable… To change the meaning, simply touch the word highlighted in blue.
8. Disable the function “Ask before launch”… This action will allow the command to fire automatically.
You can create multiple thresholds Power saving mode, in each of which, depending on the decrease in the battery level, different interfaces and iOS elements will be automatically turned off, thereby increasing energy savings.
In our example, we have created an additional scenario that turns off cellular data when the battery goes below 15%.
9. In order for the above actions to be disabled when the battery charge level rises, create a command with the opposite condition. In our case, when the charge increases over 20%, cellular data is turned on.
Using this method, you can configure the inclusion of the power saving mode at the time of any convenient indicator of the battery level and automatic shutdown of the mode.