The Notes app on iPhone and iPad is great for storing text messages, useful information, thumbnails, lists, and more. This application has another great feature, namely the ability to take photos or videos and insert them directly into the note text file…
♥ ON TOPIC: What is QuickTake on iPhone, or how to take a video in Photo mode.
The fact that Notes have direct access to cameras makes using them in the application simple and convenient.
Taking videos and photos directly in your notes is great for many different purposes. It doesn’t matter if you’re building a collection, organizing files (to manually catalog notes, add text to tag photos and videos so they can be searched), or collaborating with someone on a note. You can even place footage captured by the camera next to drawings, or copy and paste photographs.
If you’ve never taken a photo or video directly from Notes in iOS before, you should definitely check out this guide for iPhone and iPad.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to set a password for Notes in iOS on iPhone or iPad.
How to take a video or photo directly in a note on iPhone or iPad
1. Open the Notes app in iOS or iPadOS and create a new note or open an existing one;
2. Tap the screen to bring up the virtual keyboard;
3. Click on the camera icon on the virtual keyboard toolbar;
4. Select “Take a photo or video” in the pop-up menu options;
5. Capture the photo or video you want to insert into your note, then select “Done”if the received frame was successful or “Re-shoot”if it is necessary to repeat the survey;
6. The photo or video will be embedded directly into the note.
There is no limit on the number of photos or videos placed in a note, but do not forget that the device’s memory is not infinite.
Another useful feature of this feature is the security of Notes in iOS. For example, a photo or video can be placed in a password-locked note, thus creating a confidential collection.
Please note that you will need newer versions of iOS as support for capturing media in Notes for iPhone and iPad is relatively new. This option is currently only available on devices running iOS 10 and later.
Users with older versions of the operating system will need to take a photo using the Camera app and then use the Paste feature in Notes. The end result will be similar.