Tool Markup Allows you to sign documents in PDF format directly to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Thus, it is possible to add your signature to an electronic document or manually sign it almost anywhere where available Markup.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to make custom stickers for WhatsApp on iPhone and Android.
Tool Markup available in many standard Apple applications such as “Mail”, “Photo”, “Notes”, “Files”, Safari or others. Apple has also made available similar markup features on macOS, so you can freely sign a PDF document in the Preview app on Mac.
Digitally signing documents is a great way to increase your productivity. Suppose you were out of the office with your iPhone or iPad, but someone sent you an e-mail document or contract, an online order form or other important paper that urgently requires your signature. Via “Markings” You don’t need to print the document, sign it with a pen, and then scan the printout to send it as an attachment. Before we go deeper into the tips, know that to use the tool Markup iOS 9.0 or later is required.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to download files, documents, videos and music to iPhone and iPad from the Internet.
How to Sign PDF Documents on iPhone and iPad
You have two options for working with signatures: choosing a signature from previously saved ones or manual signature directly in the document.
1. Open the PDF document that you want to digitally sign. To do this, you need an application that supports markup:
- Files: open the pdf you want to sign, then click Markup.
- Messages: attach a photo or PDF, tap it and select Markup.
- Safari: open the web page, select Create PDF on the menu “Share” and press Markup.
- mail: open the message, click on the attachment and select Markup.
- Photos: click on the photo, select “Change”click “…” and select Markup in the popup menu.
- Notes: Click the document in the note, then select Markup on the menu “Share”.
- iBooks: open PDF and click Markup up.
- Other applications: Create a PDF to mark up any printable document.
2. Click “+” at the bottom of the markup interface.
3. Click the icon. “Signature” in the popup menu.
4. Sign on the document with your finger, Apple Pencil or other stylus.
TIP: If you already have previously saved signatures, you can select one of them in the menu.
5. Drag the signature to the desired location when pasting or resize it. This will help the blue buttons to increase or decrease the field with the boundaries of the object.
TIP: To change the ink color, tap the digital signature that you just applied to the PDF document and click on any of the colored circles at the bottom of the markup interface.
6. To save the changes, click Done.
♥ BY TOPIC: Which iPhone holds the battery better? Comparison of the battery life of all current iPhone in 2020.
Saving and managing signatures
Reusing signatures in a document implies the use of one or more previously created signatures. This will save you from having to sign each time.
1. Open the document from the application “Files”.
2. Click the icon “Markings” up.
3. Click “+” at the bottom of the markup interface.
4. Select “Add or remove signature” in the popup menu.
5. Thus, you have the opportunity to add several new signatures to the document or delete them:
- Delete caption: click “-“ next to the previously saved signature, then select Delete.
- Add caption: click “+”, set your name in the line and click Done.
If you don’t like what your digital signature was, then just click “Clear”to start all over again! When the work is redone – click Done. This will save the newly created signature and insert it into the document.
You can save any required number of signatures.
As mentioned earlier, the signature function is available wherever the tool is present. Markup. For example, it will be easy to add your signature to the desired image in the Photos application. This feature allows you to sign a PDF file stored in any cloud storage directly from the application. “Files”. Or maybe you want to quickly send a signed PDF attachment to someone without leaving Mail?
With markup, you can do all this, and more!
On the iPad Pro and iPad 2018 or newer, you can use the Apple Pencil to create your signature.
Saved signatures are synced between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac if they work with a single iCloud account. In addition, all signatures already created in Viewer for Mac will be automatically displayed in the signature insertion tool on iOS, and vice versa.
If your software document scanner is the Notes application, this makes it possible to sign any scanned document and quickly send it by mail, to iMessage or to another service without leaving the application itself.
In the same way, you can use markup tools to sign the agreement that was attached to the email message and send it back without launching other applications. Mail naturally inserts your newly signed attachment in response to the original letter in which the document was attached. And using the tool “Markup » makes it possible to comment on screenshots immediately after their creation.