When your contacts contain dozens of entries with the same name, finding the right people can be tricky. Moreover, sometimes in a hurry, a contact can be entered in the iPhone address book incorrectly, for example, write the last name with an error or even replace it with a position or nickname.
To facilitate the process of searching in the address book of iOS or macOS, contact sorting will help, which, depending on the user’s habits, can be configured in several ways.
♥ ON TOPIC: How to automatically change wallpaper on iPhone or iPad based on time, place, etc.
Sort contacts on iPhone (first name, last name or last name, first name)
To change the sorting order of contacts on an Apple mobile device, open the “Settings“And follow these steps:
1. Go to the application settings “Contacts“.
2. Click the “Sorting“.
3. Specify the required order for sorting contacts “First Name Last Name” or “Last name, First name”…
Note. Regardless of the selected sorting method, the display of contacts in the address book may differ from the set. It directly depends on the parameter setting “Display”…
4. Return to the main application settings menu “Contacts” and go to subsection “Display”…
5. Specify the required order for displaying sorted contacts “First Name Last Name” or “Last name, First name”…
In other words, you can, for example, sort your contacts in order “Last name, First name”, and display them in the list as “First Name Last Name” etc.
Sorting “Last name, First name”, display “First Name Last Name”.
Sorting “Last name, First name”, display “Last name, First name”…
♥ ON TOPIC: Check if you are saving contacts to iPhone correctly and syncing with iCloud.
Sort contacts on Mac (first name, last name or last name, first name)
You can do the same on macOS computers. Open the application “Contacts»And follow the steps below.
1. Open “Settings»Applications “Contacts“.
2. In the window that appears, go to the “General”
on the top menu bar.
3. As in the case of iOS, specify the sorting method “Sort by“And displaying the contact in the list”Show name“.
Sometimes, to optimize your work, there are opportunities not to resort to complex solutions, but to use the simple capabilities of the operating system. Customizing the sort order of your contact list is one such feature.