iMessage – purely “apple” service for messaging, media content, stickers and other useful or amusing little things. By accepting an iMessage, you can read it on any device linked to one Apple ID account. In this article, we’ll show you how to set up iMessage on Mac computers.
You need an Apple ID to use iMessage. You do not need to create a new account. For convenience, use the one you use with iMessage on iPhone.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to remove a person or object from a photo in Photos on Mac.
How to set up iMessage on Mac
1. Run the application “Messages” and go to it Settings.
2. Enter your Apple ID and password to sign in to the service you use with iMessage on iPhone.
3. Go to the iMessage tab and check the boxes for the required email addresses and phone numbers. We recommend leaving only the phone number and frequently used e-mail enabled.
4. Check the box next to the parameter Enable Messages in iCloudif you want all correspondence to be saved in iCloud (recommended).
5. Check the box “Read report»To notify users who sent you a message that you have read it (in detail).
6. In the drop-down menu For new conversations use choose a phone number (recommended) or e-mail that will be used as a sender for new chats.
7. In the tab The main you can customize the display name and photo, message storage options, font size, sound effects, and more.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to receive regular SMS messages on Mac.
How to disable iMessage on Mac?
1. Run the application “Messages” and go to it Settings…
2. Go to the tab iMessage and click the “Go out” in the upper right corner.