Operating systems have become so smart that they have learned to adjust the operation of devices depending on conditions. With the release of watchOS 7 and iOS 14.2, Apple Watch smartwatches have the ability to independently change the watch faces on the device, taking into account the time of day and the location of the owner.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to add a voice alert when iPhone or iPad is charging.
This function will be very useful if the watch has many dials and there is a need (or desire) to change them. From now on, watchOS will help you avoid the constant manual switching of watchfaces. For example, having come to a workout, the dial will open Activity, at work will automatically install Service dial or Chronograph, at home – dial A photo with the image of a loved one. Great, isn’t it? In this article, we will explain in detail how to set it up.
♥ BY TOPIC: Themes for iPhone (new icons): how to change, where to download, how to make money on it.
Set the watch faces you want on your Apple Watch
1. Open the app “Watch” on the iPhone that the watch is paired with.
2. Go to the “Dials” tab.
3. Select your favorite watch face.
4. Set the display style, color of the dial, and then press the button Add… The dial will be added to the watch.
5. To delete unused watch faces, go to the “My watch” and above the section “My Dials” click the button “Change”…
6. Delete the unnecessary dial with the button “-“…
♥ BY TOPIC: How to make and share music slideshow in Photos app on iPhone or iPad.
How to teach Apple Watch to automatically change its watch faces at specific times and days
1. Launch the “Commands“And at the bottom go to the”Automation“.
2. In the upper right corner, click the icon “+“…
3. Press the blue button “Create automation for yourself“.
4. On the menu “When” select the option “Times of Day“And indicate the desired time for automatic installation of a certain dial (we will choose it below)
5. In the section “Repeat” set the parameter “By week” and select the required days of the week on which the dial will be changed. Click the “Further” in the upper right corner.
6. Click the “Add action“.
7. In the search bar, enter the phrase “Set Dial” and select this action.
8. Click on a word Clock facehighlighted in blue in a phrase “Make” Dial “the active dial” and select the desired watch face option. Please note that you will have to choose from those watchfaces that are installed on the Apple Watch. The proposed list is formed taking into account how the dials are located on the watch. Click the “Further“.
9. In the final menu “New automation»Deactivate the parameter«Ask before launch“And press the button”Done»Top right to save automation.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to teach iPhone to automatically turn on Power Saving Mode.
How to teach Apple Watch to automatically change its watch faces in the right place.
1. Launch the application on the iPhone “Teams” and at the bottom go to the tab “Automation”…
2. In the upper right corner, click the icon “+”…
3. Press the blue button “Create automation for yourself”…
5. In the list of parameters for automation, select “Arrival” or “Departure“.
6. In the menu “When” in field “Geo position»Click “Choose” and set the address where your script will run. Click the “Readyabout”.
7. Check the box next to “Any time” and press “Further“.
8. Click on “Add action“.
9. In the search bar, enter the phrase “Set Dial” and select this action.
10. Click on a word Clock facehighlighted in blue in a phrase “Make” Dial “the active dial” and select the desired watch face option that was previously added to the watch. Click the button “Further”…
11. In the summary menu “New automation” deactivate the parameter “Ask before launch” and press the button “Done” top right to save automation.