If you use Mail on your Mac, you probably know – there are a lot of interesting settings there. One of them, which few people know about, is the sound when a new message is received.
♥ BY TOPIC: Disposable (temporary) e-mail inbox: the best services for creating self-deleting e-mail.
How to make Mail on Mac play a sound when you receive an email with specific text
Not only to “see” that the required Email has come, but also to “hear” this is a very useful feature. For example, you are waiting for an important letter at work, but you do not know exactly when it will arrive. You don’t have to sit at your Mac all the time and wait – just set up the sound notification, and calmly do other things!
♥ BY TOPIC: How to create a separate signature for each E-mail box, on an iPhone or iPad.
Create a mail processing rule for Mail on Mac
Open the application on your Mac mail and follow the simple instructions:
1. In the menu bar, click on the caption mail and select the item in the menu that appears Settings…
2. Click on the section Filters…
3. Click on the button Add…
4. In line Description specify a name for the future filter.
5. In the drop-down menu next to the inscription If select option All of the following conditions are met…
6. Further, instead of Sender choose Theme (the keyword should be in the subject line) or Message content (the keyword should be in the text of the letter itself), option Contains do not change, but in the line to the right, specify the keyword that will definitely be in the letter – for example, Project x…
7. In the drop-down menu under the caption Follow these steps select option Play sound… In the drop-down menu that appears on the right, select a specific melody.
8. Click OK…
If, after the performed actions, Mail displays a system message “Apply your filters to messages in selected mailboxes?”… Please select Apply…
♥ BY TOPIC: VIP Contacts: How to set up your Important Email List in Mail on iPhone, iPad and Mac.
How to add additional conditions
It is possible that you want to have more customization – for example, receive an audio notification only when you receive an update for a Project X project, and not for all emails associated with it. Well – then we need to set up an additional condition!
Open the settings Mail, Choose a section Filters, click on the created rule and click on the button Edit…
1. Setting next to words If no need to change. The only thing – note that now mail will apply the filter rule only when both conditions are met (we will add the second below).
2. Click on the sign “A plus” to the right of your keyword. This will add another rule to the filter.
3. Fill in the new fields in the same way as in the first rule. The only exception is that the key phrase will now, of course, be different (for example, “update”).
Done – you will now only receive an audible alert when the subject or body of the email contains both Project X and “update.”
Naturally customize Mail you can and more carefully, try to “play” with different filters to achieve the desired goal.