If you use the mail client Mail on a Mac, you probably know that there are a lot of interesting settings. One of them, which few people know about, is the sound when a new message is received.
♥ BY TOPIC: Disposable (temporary) e-mail inbox: the best services for creating self-deleting email.
How to make Mail on Mac play sound when you receive an email with certain text
Not only to “see” that the desired Email has arrived, but also to “hear” this is a very useful feature. For example, you are waiting for an important letter on work, but you do not know exactly when it will come. You don’t have to sit at the Mac all the time and wait – just set up a sound notification and calmly do other things!
♥ BY TOPIC: How to create a separate signature for each E-mail account, on iPhone or iPad.
Create a rule for processing letters for Mail on Mac
Open the application on your Mac mail and follow the simple instructions:
1. In the menu bar, click on the inscription mail and select in the menu that appears Settings.
2. Click on the section Filters (far right).
3. Click on the button Add.
4. In line Description specify a name for the future filter.
5. In the drop-down menu next to the inscription If select option All of the following conditions are met..
6. Next, instead of Sender select Message contentoption Contains do not change, but in the line on the right specify the keyword that will be exactly in the letter – for example, Project x.
7. In the drop-down menu under the inscription Follow these steps select option Play sound. In the pop-up menu that appears on the right, select a specific melody.
8. Click OK.
If, after completing the action, Mail will display a system message “Apply your filters to messages in selected mailboxes?”. Select To apply.
♥ BY TOPIC: VIP contacts: how to set up a list of important e-mails in Mail on iPhone, iPad and Mac.
How to add additional conditions
It is possible that you want to have more settings – for example, to receive a sound notification only when you receive an update for Project X, and not for all letters related to it. Well – then we need to configure an additional condition!
Open Settings Mail, Choose a section Filters, click on the created rule and click on the button Edit.
1. Setting next to words If no need to change. The only thing – note that now mail will apply the filter rule only when both conditions are met (we will add the second below).
2. Click on the sign “A plus” to the right of your keyword. So we add another rule to the filter.
3. Fill in the new fields as in the first rule. The only exception is that the key phrase now, of course, will be different (for example, “update”).
Done – now you will receive a sound notification only when the text of the email contains both words – Project X and “update”.
Naturally customize Mail you can more carefully, try to “play” with various filters to achieve the desired goal.