In addition to convenient features such as file sharing in iCloud Drive, archiving or unzipping files, starting with iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, there is another great feature related to the app “Files“. You can scan documents directly from it to an iPhone or iPad and save them to the desired location.
♥ BY THEME: What is QuickTake on iPhone, or how to take a video in Photo mode.
This is a pretty good way to save some money by not purchasing a dedicated document scanning application. And this function will save time and effort due to a simple, logical and fast way to scan documents. With the help of a short guide, we will tell you how you can scan documents on iOS directly from the application «Files“.
♥ BY THEME: How to block all calls from unknown and hidden numbers on iPhone: 2 ways.
How the built-in scanner works on iPhone and iPad
Open the application “Files»On your iPhone or iPad, and then follow these steps to scan the document:
1. Click “Overview“At the bottom of the application”Files“.
2. Press the “Yet»(Three-dot icon) at the top of the menu.
3. Select “Scan documents“.
4. Place the document within the screen and press the button to take a picture.
5. Then you can move the border of the corners to shape the scanned document to your liking.
It remains only to press the button “Re-shoot” or “Leave“.
6. If you have another page to scan, you can remove it in the same way on the next screen.
7. After finishing scanning, click “Save“. This must be done, otherwise you will receive a warning asking you to cancel the scan results.
8. Select a location for storing the scans (you can create a separate folder, as in our case) and click “Save“.
The ability to scan documents directly from the application “Files“In iOS is an awesome feature. You don’t have to worry about finding a third-party document scanning application, and there is the option to save documents to the desired location.
On the left is a document on paper, on the right is the resulting scan.