There are several thousand languages on our planet. And even if we talk about popular and widely used options, then there will be almost a dozen of them. It is not surprising that on the Internet there are periodically quite popular sites in an alien language, but there is no Russian-language mirror. If you found the necessary article on such a site, then you will have to find a translation tool to study it. All this, unfortunately, takes extra time.
♥ BY TOPIC: File Manager for iPhone and iPad, what it should be: a review of Documents by Readdle.
If you browse the web or search Safari on your iPhone or iPad, there’s an easy way to quickly translate articles. The tool will be especially convenient if you often have to work with materials in different languages. In this guide, we will talk about three ways to translate text in Safari.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to connect a regular USB-stick to iPhone or iPad.
How to translate Safari web pages to iPhone and iPad using Microsoft Translator
Unlike the Google tool, which places a large banner at the top of the translated site and not only disrupts the page layout, but also disables all active elements, such as links, Microsoft Translator does not change the appearance of the page at all. It just changes the source language to the target. Everything looks much nicer in this case, and the user can go to the next page instead of clicking the “Back” button.
1. In order to use Microsoft Translator in Safari on iPad and iPhone, install the application from the App Store.
2. Launch the application, go to Settings and select the default language for translation.
3. Open the page of the site you want to translate and tap Share.
4. To make a transfer, click the icon Translator.
A progress counter is displayed at the top of the page. The text on the already loaded page will be translated into the language selected by default in the application settings.
Another big advantage Microsoft translator is the ability to not exit reading mode in the Safari browser.
♥ BY TOPIC: “Data Saving”, or how to enable the saving of mobile traffic on the iPhone.
How to translate site pages in Safari to iPhone and iPad using Yandex.Translator
1. Download Yandex.Translate for iPhone and iPad.
2. Select the translation direction at the top of the application.
3. In order to translate the page in Safari you must go to the tab “Share”.
4. Select a menu item “Interpreter”.
If the translation didn’t work this way, use the Yandex.Translator application interface. To do this, copy the link of the page you want to translate and paste into the field for translation, indicating the direction of translation.
At the moment, the base of the Yandex.Translator program includes about a hundred languages with the ability to translate offline. In order to use the application without connecting to the network, you just need to download the data package to the gadget and activate the corresponding option in the utility settings.
Yandex.Translator is also able to read text from images and automatically translate it. The recognition function of text from photographs and pictures is available only in eleven languages, including Russian, Ukrainian, English, German and others.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to prepare for the trip and save your visiting places in Google Maps in advance on your iPhone or Android.
How to translate Safari website pages to iPhone and iPad using Quick Commands
Creating a Translation Team
Open app “Teams” on iPhone or iPad. Then follow these steps to create the item you want for our tasks.
1. Click on the bottom of the tab “Gallery” below and then type Translate in the search box.
2. Select an option Translate Article (Translate an article to another language).
3. Press the button Add. The command will appear in the library on the tab “My teams”.
4. Click on the icon with three dots located in the upper right corner of the team.
5. If desired, rename the command, for example, to Transfer. Click Done to return to the previous screen.
6. Click on the icon with three dots located in the upper right corner of the team.
7. Find the line with the conditions: “Recognized Language in English” and click on “English”if you want to change the language of the translation to another.
How to use the Translation command in Safari
Now, when you get to a page with a language you don’t understand, you can translate it into Safari with just a couple of taps.
1. Press the button “Share” down below.
2. Select “Transfer”.
You will see how the shortcut starts. Wait a few seconds and you will see the translated article as a text file.
Don’t see the Translation command in the Share menu?
If you do not see the shortcut “Transfer” on the menu “Share” in Safari, then this can be quickly fixed. Open app “Teams” and follow these steps:
1. Select “My teams”and then click the button with three dots in the upper right corner of the command “Transfer”.
2. On the screen of the opened command, press the button, the button with three dots, which is located opposite the name of the team.
3. Make sure the switch On Export Page set to Included.
5. Click Done once again Doneto close the shortcut information window.
Now that you are back in Safari and press the button “Share”you will see the command “Transfer” on the list and you can use it!