With the release of iOS 13 and watchOS 6, Apple Watch has a built-in calculator app carried over from iOS, as well as some handy new features. For example, the calculator in Apple Watch allows you to instantly split bills and determine tips, and we will tell you about this useful feature.
ON THIS TOPIC: How to use the Camera (photos and videos) on Apple Watch: an overview of all the possibilities.
Until that time, Apple Watch owners had to rely on third-party apps to use the calculator on their wearable device. Some exceptions can be considered unless the involvement of Siri to perform simple arithmetic operations. With the release of watchOS 6, Apple Watch has a standard Calculator app with a useful tip counting and bill splitting functionality.
In addition to using these features together, you can enable them independently by choosing the 0% (or any other percentage) tip option and then specifying the number of people to split the bill with. In another option, you must select the size of the tip, but leave the value equal to one in the field for the number of people (if one person pays for everyone).
ON THIS TOPIC: Apple Watch Series 4 vs. Apple Watch Series 3 – What’s the Difference?
How to use the split bill and tip features in the calculator on Apple Watch
1. Open the “Calculator“.
2. Enter the available invoice amount.
3. Press the button ₽% in the top row, it’s to the right of the divide button.
4. A window will appear with the calculation of tips, in which by default the amount of 10% of the invoice will be calculated. This field is highlighted in green. Using the Digital Crown, you can change the tip percentage, which will immediately recalculate the total.
5. Now click on the second field, Peopleand then use the Digital Crown to increase the number of participants sharing the score.
In our case:
- The bill for payment was 7 356 rubles for four.
- Tipping (10%) amounted to 735 rubles 60 kopecks.
- The total bill including tips is 8 091 rubles 60 kopecks or 2,022 rubles 90 kopecks per person.
It should be borne in mind that there is a limit of 50 people to split an account.
If you want to replace the button ₽% on the familiar button for calculating percentages on Apple Watch, press firmly on the main screen of the Calculator application and in the window that appears, select the option % Interest…