It’s not enough just to lock the screen of a smartphone. It may happen that any stranger who has taken your iPhone into his own hands will be able to read information from notifications. If you want to remove personal conversations in instant messengers from the lock screen, then you can turn off the preview of notifications in two different ways (while notifications will still arrive, but the content will be hidden).
♥ BY TOPIC: How to answer the iPhone (Viber, WhatsApp, Skype) without touching the smartphone.
How to disable the preview of notifications on the lock screen for all applications on the iPhone
1. Open the application “Settings“, And then go to the”Notifications“.
2. At the top of the menu, click on “Thumbnail Display“.
You will be given three options for device behavior. Choose “No lock»To disclose notifications only after scanning a face using Face ID or after reading a fingerprint with a Touch ID sensor.
3. If you are especially careful and do not want any content of notifications to be displayed on the lock screen, select “Never“.
It was and has become:
♥ BY TOPIC: Folders and Archives in Telegram: how it works + hidden functions that you might not know about.
How to disable the preview of notifications for WhatsApp, VK (Vkontakte), Telegram, Viber, etc. on iPhone
The previous method works on the principle of “all or nothing” for each notification received on your iPhone. But what if you want to turn off the preview of notifications only for specific applications, for example, WhatsApp, VK (Vkontakte), Telegram, etc., and for other applications to leave the previous mode?
1. Open the “Settings“And go to the”Notifications“.
2. Go to the notification settings for the required specific application and select “Thumbnail Display“.
3. Select the option you want: No lock (if the phone is unlocked, you will see the contents of the message) or Never (the message text will not be available on the lock screen).
Now, when a new message is received, the notification will indicate the name of the sender, and in the content area it will simply say “Message”.