Adding your own ringtones to iPhone is not an easy task. In the latest Apple operating systems, the hint of the possible addition of custom tunes has completely disappeared. However, in this manual we will tell you how to fix this misunderstanding by adding absolutely to any current iPhone a melody that can be used as a ringtone for an incoming call. Moreover, without using a computer.
♥ BY TOPIC: 10 best remixes of standard ringtones for iPhone (video).
In what format are iPhone ringtones (melodies) used?
To store ringtones on iPhone, Apple uses a proprietary format called M4Rwhich is identical to the AAC or M4A formats (the difference is only in the name).
However, the method of creating and setting iPhone ringtone described in this article allows you to use any file in MP3 format. This makes it much easier to create ringtones or sound alert files for Apple smartphones.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to view exchange rates: ruble, dollar, hryvnia, euro, bitcoin in the Promotions application on the iPhone.
Where can I find an MP3 ringtone song?
Type in a Google search query like: download (artist and song title) MP3… In most cases, a search engine will be able to help you find the desired MP3 track.
♥ BY TOPIC: Pedometer for iPhone, or how to count steps, distance and calories without buying accessories and applications.
How to set ringtone on iPhone with iOS 13 (and newer) without a computer
1. Open the Safari browser and go to the site where you can download the song for the future ringtone in MP3 format.
2. Click the button (link) to download the MP3 file.
3. In the window that appears, click Download… If the download has started, an icon will appear in the upper right corner (an arrow in a circle).
4. Open IOS download manager icon (arrow in a circle) in the upper right corner and make sure the file is loaded. If desired, click on it to listen.
Note: For a more convenient alternative to download MP3 tracks from your computer, you can use the web version of iCloud Drive. To do this, follow the link on your computer, enter your Apple ID information and upload the necessary songs to the Apple cloud service (for further steps, see the instructions below)
5. Download a music application released by Apple itself – GarageBand (present on many iPhones and iPads by default).
Download GarageBand for iPhone (App Store, requires iOS 13 or later).
6. Launch GarageBand. With this application, we will convert the downloaded melody into a ringtone and it will automatically be displayed in the section “Sounds, tactile signals” on iPhone.
7. If you have previously created projects in GarageBand, click the plus sign in the upper right corner to create a new one. If this is your first time opening the app, skip this step.
8. Select a template “Audio recorder” in the tab “Tracks”
9. Switch to track mode.
10. Click on the loop icon.
11. Click the button View Items from Files in the tab “Files”…
12. The loaded melody will be in the tab “Recent”. But you can find it through “Overview” opening the folder “Downloads”… Select the downloaded file.
13. Press and hold the file, and then move it to the very beginning of the timeline.
14. Click on the checkmark and click on the menu that appears “My songs”…
15. Press and hold your finger on the received file (usually named “My song”) until the context menu appears. Click on Share…
16. Tap the format “Ringtone”…
17. Change the name of the ringtone and press Export…
18. During the export process, a message will appear “Use sound as …”. Click on it.
19. Please indicate how to use the created ringtone:
- Standard ringtone – the created ringtone will be used as a melody for all incoming calls.
- Standard message sound – the created ringtone will be used as a melody for all incoming messages (iMessage and SMS).
- Assign to contact – if you select this option, the created ringtone can be assigned as an incoming call melody for a specific contact.
- Done – the created ringtone will be loaded into iOS Settings along the path: Sounds, tactile signals → Ringtone and will become available for selection.
We talked about how to create ringtones for iPhone using a computer in this article.
♥ BY TOPIC: 20 iPhone features that can be disabled for most users
How to Delete Ringtones from iPhone?
1. Run the application Settings on iPhone.
2. Go to the section Sounds, tactile signals and select the menu Ringtone…
3. Swipe your finger from left to right across the ringtone you want to delete. Click the button Delete…