Today, the field of mobile photography is developing at an unprecedented pace. The capabilities of cameras are being improved and improved, including through software tools. There are also applications that can easily implement certain tasks, for example, automatically delete the background on the photo directly on the iPhone.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to create a double in the photo (clone objects) on the iPhone.
In this article, we will talk about the French startup PhotoRoom, which specializes in the development of mobile software for deleting and editing the background.
The co-founder of the company and its CEO Mathieu Ruif tells:
“The idea of this project was formed at the time when I worked at GoPro. I often needed to manually remove the background from the images. And when the designer was not in the office, I spent a lot of time doing it manually. ”
It turned out that many people were looking for a simple application that would allow them to edit a photo from the gallery as quickly as possible and work with it further.
♥ BY TOPIC: Retouch on iPhone: the best iOS apps for retouching photos.
How to remove background (make white) on a photo in PhotoRoom application on iPhone or iPad?
1. Download the PhotoRoom application (link at the end of the article).
2. Open the application and click “+” to select a photo.
3. PhotoRoom recognizes the main object in the photo (it can be not only a person, but also objects) and qualitatively remove the background. PhotoRoom uses machine learning models to identify objects in a photograph. And the vision of the project as a whole goes beyond just removing the background.
4. Select (if necessary) a suitable template from the list of proposed ones.
5. Add a caption, another photo, animation effects, apply filters or use color grading tools. Although the application relies heavily on templates, you can customize images by adding objects, moving them around, adding some shadows, and editing elements individually. Image composition is 100% user dependent.
6. At the end of the photo setup, you can save it on your device, open it in another application, or publish it on social networks.
PhotoRoom application will appeal to all lovers of selfies, and will also be very useful for people selling clothes and other items on e-commerce sites.
And if you are a professional who uses the program regularly, you can purchase a subscription. It costs 499 rubles a month or 2,850 rubles a year. A built-in purchase will remove the watermark and unlock additional features.
Like VSCO, Darkroom, PicsArt, Filmic Pro and Halide, PhotoRoom belongs to a group of applications for prosumers who are engaged in editing photos and videos in various ways. The generation of users who grew up using visual tools of social networks now extends the boundaries of these applications – they look simple when you first use them, but also offer a lot of opportunities when you know them better. Such applications prove that smartphones can be great computers, not a tool for consuming content.
Download PhotoRoom for iPhone and iPad (App Store)