One of the easiest ways to listen to background music on an iOS device is to play video and audio on YouTube. However, as many have already noticed, with the release of the latest versions of the operating system, the ability to play music has undergone some changes.
♥ BY TOPIC: In iOS 14, the green or the orange indicator lights up at the top of the screen: what are they for?
Recall that earlier it was possible to turn on YouTube video on the iPhone or iPad, close the application, and the music continued to play in the background. With the release of iOS 8, everything has changed, and now, in order to continue listening to songs, you need to use a different method.
For starters, forget about the official YouTube application, because in order to play the video in the background, you will need to use the Safari browser and the chip that appeared in iOS 14 (an overview of all new features). This is much simpler than it seems at first glance, and having done this several times, you will learn how to switch to the background in the blink of an eye.
♥ BY TOPIC: Tap on iPhone cover – take a screenshot: how to attach actions to touching the back of the iPhone.
How to activate YouTube music and video playback in the background on iPhone / iPad
Background listening to YouTube in the background on the iPhone and iPad is possible only in iOS 14 and, unfortunately, most likely, this chip will be hidden in the future (but this is not accurate). Therefore, if you have not yet installed iOS 14 on your iPhone or iPad, this feature can serve as an additional incentive. Installing iOS 14 is quite simple – use our detailed instructions.
1. To start, open the Safari application (namely Safari, not YouTube), go to youtube.com, select a video or use the search.
2. Click on the video to start playback, and then switch to full-screen mode by pressing the corresponding button on the player in Safari.
3. When the video starts playing in full screen mode, tap the screen to display the toolbar and select the function activation button Picture-in-Picture. After that, the video player will separate from Safari and you can drag it to anywhere on the screen, use it on the main screen or in another application.
4. Lock the iPhone or iPad by pressing the side button. This step temporarily pauses playback.
5. Touch the locked screen to activate it. The display will show the audio player window in which the playable track from YouTube will be available.
6. Click on the button. “Play”. Lock the device with the side button. Music will be played further.
Unfortunately, you cannot listen to ready-made playlists in this way, so if you want to play another video, you need to go back to Safari and do the whole process again.