Whether your device is running Android or iOS, the official Instagram app makes it quick and easy to add a red (blank) line to a post description without having to copy text from another app.
In fact, the ability to insert blank lines is very important, as it makes the messages much easier to read and understand. It also allows you to hide the long lists of hashtags that many people use to improve the look of a post.
It was and it is:
♥ BY THEME: Who has the most Instagram followers – 40 most popular accounts.
How to insert spaces between lines in Instagram post descriptions
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Create a new post or edit the description of an existing one.
3. Position the cursor where you want to add a blank line.
4. Press the key on the keyboard “123”…
5. Press the key Input as many times as necessary to insert a blank line.
If your version of Instagram does not have the Enter key, then you need to update the application to the latest version. If that doesn’t help, there is still a way to add blank lines to your post descriptions. Here’s what to do:
1. Open your note-taking app and create a new note there.
2. Enter your text with blank lines, then select it and press “Copy”…
3. Now open Instagram and log into your account if required.
4. Create and edit your new post, but don’t publish it yet.
5. Press and hold the title bar briefly until a menu appears. Select item “Insert”…
6. Your text will be copied including formatting. You can now post your note.
♥ BY THEME: Archive on Instagram, or how to delete posts from the feed with the possibility of recovery.
Formatting tips and tricks
Formatting can dramatically change the way readers perceive and interact with your posts. Therefore, knowledge of various text processing methods is very important for the author. Again, if you don’t have the new option to wrap invisible lines, or just want to try something different, here are a few tricks you can use when working with Instagram:
Create line breaks using symbols or emoji emoticons
You can use a specific character of your choice on those lines where you do not want to put any text. By doing so, you are giving the old version of the application something to act as a placeholder for the string. The result is the impression of the presence of line breaks. But the symbols you use will of course still be visible. Therefore, although this option is suitable for huge chunks of text, it is still not ideal.
Hide hashtags with dotted lines
As mentioned earlier, hashtag groups are usually found at the end of headlines, which won’t prevent the reader from focusing on what matters most: the message itself. However, if you don’t have a headline, these groups can still be distracting. To get around this, you can use a period at each line break to visually separate the title from the hashtag group.
Try a dedicated whitespace tool
If you’ve tried using your regular note-taking apps but still haven’t got the line breaking effect you want, a dedicated tool like TextSpacer.com might be a good option. On this site you will be able to create and format your post and then click “Copy” and paste the text into your Instagram caption.