For a long time, the coveted blue checkmark that marks a verified Twitter account has been available only to certain users. A blue icon indicates that the account is authentic. Usually, such checkboxes mark the profiles of media persons – musicians, TV stars, actors and other famous people.
In May 2021, Twitter launched a simplified online procedure for verifying accounts on the service.
♥ BY TOPIC: Why is the surname of the creator of the Guinness Book of Records not Guinness.
How to get a blue checkmark on Twitter
Users will need to fill out a special form (link below), in which they need to indicate their date of birth (for non-corporate accounts), a valid phone number, email address and website address (if any) and links to it, provide a biography and photo, and motivate the need for verification (more details). In addition, in some cases, users may be asked to provide a copy of their ID.
“We want to further simplify the search for authors and influencers on Twitter, so it makes sense for us to allow users to submit applications for account verification,” the service administration explained.
♥ BY TOPIC: TOP 5 infographics that changed the world forever.
How to request account verification on the Twitter mobile app
1. Open the home page (ribbon) and click on the icon with three horizontal lines in the upper left corner.
2. In the menu that appears, select the section Settings and privacy…
3. Follow the path: Account -> Verification Request…
4. Press the button Submit a request and fill out the form.
♥ BY TOPIC: 70 interesting facts about IT technology that you might not know about.
How to request account verification on Twitter web
1. Open the main page of your account and click Yet in the side menu.
2. Select a section Settings and privacy…
3. Follow the path: Your Account → Account Details…
4. Enter your account password and click Confirm…
5. On the page that appears, click the link button Request a check…
6. Press the button Submit a request and fill out the proposed questionnaire.