There are quite a few options when you might need the zoom feature in macOS. It can be used by both people with low vision and designers who need to quickly enlarge a portion of the picture using hot keys. In this article, we’ll show you how to enable and use the zoom feature on a Mac.
A few indisputable advantages of the scaling function is that it is systemic and activated with the help of shortcuts.
♥ BY TOPIC: How to use Reading Mode in Safari on Mac (macOS).
How to enable screen scaling (zooming) on a Mac on a keyboard?
1. In the menu bar, open the tab → System Settings …
2. Go to the “Universal access“.
3. In the left side menu, open the tab “Increase”.
4. Check the box next to “Use keyboard shortcuts to enlarge“.
As a scaling style, it’s preferable to specify “Picture in Picture“. In this case, there will not be an increase in the entire image on the display, but only its small area, which easily moves with the mouse cursor.
If you select a value as the zoom style “Full screen”, then scaling will be performed on the entire screen.
Each value Picture-in-Picture or “Full screen” easy to adjust with the button “Parameters”.
♥ BY TOPIC: 10 useful multi-touch gestures for your MacBook trackpad.
How to activate zoom mode on Mac
Now just hold down the keyboard shortcut Option (⌥) + Command (⌘) + 8then the zoom mode is activated.
If the zoom is too weak, it can be adjusted using the following shortcuts:
- Option (⌥) + Command (⌘) + = (equal) – to enlarge the picture;
- Option (⌥) + Command (⌘) + – (minus) – to reduce accordingly.
To exit zoom mode, use the same key combination as for activation (Option (⌥) + Command (⌘) + 8)
♥ BY TOPIC: How to select or move items on a Mac without clicking on the trackpad. Try it, it’s very convenient..
How to enlarge the screen on a Mac by scrolling on a mouse or trackpad
Here along the way System Settings → Universal Access, there is an item Zoom in using scroll key, which allows you to zoom in (zoom out) a selected area of the screen.
The function works very simply:
1. Activate item Zoom in using the scroll key with the modify key.
2. Set the modify key (default is Ctrl)
3. Place the mouse cursor or trackpad in the area of the screen that you want to enlarge.
4. Press and hold the modification key selected in step 2., while swiping up and down the trackpad surface (with two fingers) or the Magic Mouse. This action will zoom in (scale) the part of the screen near which the cursor is located.
How to enlarge the screen on a Mac using a gesture on the trackpad
In addition, you can enlarge (reduce) the image on the Mac display with two fingers on the trackpad, just as we do on the screens of smartphones and tablets.