The drag and drop function became available for the iPad in iOS 11. Users have been waiting for this function for several years. Drag and drop allows you to select an element, for example, text, a photo or another type of file, and drag it from the original location to somewhere else. The potential of drag and drop is fully revealed when using the multi-tasking modes Slide Over and Split View on the iPad.
♥ BY TOPIC: Download unused ones, or how to configure automatic removal of unnecessary applications on iPhone and iPad.
Thus, users can transfer files from one cloud storage to another, copy text from Safari to a text editing application, or back up photos in a file storage application.
♥ BY TOPIC: iPad, like a computer or keyboard shortcuts for an external keyboard in the Files application.
How to drag and drop photos, text and other files between applications on iPad
1. Touch and hold the photo, file or selected text that you want to drag into another application.
2. Drag the item to the desired location in the same or in another application that you opened in full screen or in Slide Over and Split View mode, and then release your finger.
♥ BY TOPIC: For this, several characters are applied to the keys of the iPad keyboard at once.
How to drag multiple photos or files at once
1. Press and hold one of the photos or files you want to drag.
2. When dragging the current item, click on another photo or file that you also want to drag. Repeat with the desired number of items.
3. Drag all the elements to the desired location, for example, using the Slide Over mode, for this:
– holding the selected photo or other files, open the Dock-panel, click and drag the application icon (in our case, Notes) to the corner of the screen;
– move the selected files to the opened window of another application and release your finger.
The same can be done by sequentially minimizing the application by holding the files and then opening the program (in our case, Notes) for insertion.
♥ BY TOPIC: Replacing text, or how to type large volumes of text per second on an iPhone or iPad.
How to drag text from one application to another
1. Press and hold the part of the text that you want to drag to select it.
2. Use the selection points to select the rest of the text that you want to drag.
3. Press and hold the selected text while opening the application to insert.
4. Drag and drop the text into the application in which you want to place it.
♥ BY TOPIC: All iPad models by years from first to last: review and differences of each Apple tablet.
How to move multiple applications using drag and drop
Although most of the drag and drop features in iOS are available only for the iPad, this trick also works on the iPhone. It allows users to arrange applications on the home screen using drag and drop instead of moving them one at a time.
Please note that if you want to sort applications in a certain order, then you need to do this from the end to the beginning. If you select, for example, four applications, the fourth application will be the first in the folder.
1. Press and hold the icon of any application. All applications will begin to sway. After that, slide the icon of one of the applications, the location of which you want to change, in any direction.
2. While holding the first application, click the additional icons that you want to move. Remember to touch them in the reverse order.
3. All applications will be stacked.
4. Drag applications to a page or folder.